5/23/2014 LD: "Preparing for Conspiracy Draft"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Latest Developments, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Another great Sam Stoddard article. Nicely merges the theory of Limited development with the concreteness of this actual set.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

I always love the summer multiplayer releases, but this one is by and far my favorite.  My only hangup is the disposable nature of it.  You only crack the packs and see what's inside to draft once, but I'm still set on buying at least 2 boxes to draft.  My having a cube does help incentivize me to buy and use this product.  Maybe not the Hidden Agenda cards, but the other conspiracies and all of the other mechanics will be right at home there.  Cogwork Librarian will be amazing in the cube.  I hope to pull some of these cards in foil, and I'm sure the price on many of these will sky-rocket.  I just hope Wizards prints enough to satisfy demand and maintain MSRP.  I didn't much care for paying $10 a pack for Modern Masters.

I had never noticed before that small sets will open proportionally more of each common in the draft, that's fascinating.

The ability of the Development team to test not just the cards, but things like set size and rarity breakdown, is pretty amazing. 

lathspel wrote:

I had never noticed before that small sets will open proportionally more of each common in the draft, that's fascinating.

The ability of the Development team to test not just the cards, but things like set size and rarity breakdown, is pretty amazing. 

Its not rocket science. Nothing to do with testing just some basic math

So, in the article, Sam said the Conspiracy spoiler would be online soon. I'm dying to see the remaining cards, but I wonder if his definition of soon differs from mine. Any chance on more information when we can see the whole set in the image gallery?

Preview week is over as well, so it's rather odd that the gallery isn't updated yet.

For what it's worth, the full spoiler is finally up now.

Sign In to post comments