5/20/2014 Feature: "Conspiring a Conspiracy"

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of the feature article "Conspiring a Conspiracy", which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Fun behind-the-scenes peek, and a rather endearing personal touch too. Thanks for driving this product, Shawn; I'm definitely looking forward to trying it

I particularly love this idea: "Turns out this is a fun idea—try taking twenty-four cards with the conspiracy seal and adding one to each booster pack as you draft Theros block. It'll be a very new experience!" I bet it would be! I can see us doing that for quite a few of our future drafts... :D

I have to admit you've got this long time draft-avoider giving some actual thought to drafting this set. I've long taken issue with how draft has affected the design of Magic cards (leading to the GILBIC principle) but this is a step in the right direction: creating new concepts and ideas that work with the process of drafting instead of forcing square constructed pegs into round draft holes. 

Proud member of C.A.R.D. - Campaign Against Rare Duals "...but the time has come when lands just need to be better. Creatures have gotten stronger, spells have always been insane, and lands just sat in this awkward place of necessity." Jacob Van Lunen on the refuge duals, 16 Sep 2009. "While it made thematic sense to separate enemy and allied color fixing in the past, we have come around to the definite conclusion that it is just plain incorrect from a game-play perspective. This is one of these situations where game play should just trump flavor." - Sam Stoddard on ending the separation of allied/enemy dual lands. 05 July 2013