4/28/2014 RC: "Riddle of… You're Dead!"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

I sent this deck 3 weeks ago, and it was also featured in the "other decks" part of the article but back then Riddle of Lightning hadn't been spoiled yet so it was missing one piece of redundancy. Oh well .

Also I like Worldspine Wurm over Catch/Release, this is a true combo deck and you cannot afford your combo to not kill your opponent, you might not have time to find/cast a magma jet or attack with mutavault some times and that is going to be huge.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?

Fenix. wrote:

I sent this deck 3 weeks ago, and it was also featured in the "other decks" part of the article but back then Riddle of Lightning hadn't been spoiled yet so it was missing one piece of redundancy. Oh well .

Also I like Worldspine Wurm over Catch/Release, this is a true combo deck and you cannot afford your combo to not kill your opponent, you might not have time to find/cast a magma jet or attack with mutavault some times and that is going to be huge.

^

Especially since one of your combo pieces speeds up your opponent's deck. Even a control player might be able to randomly kill you with 8-10 mutavault damage after being knocked to two, or have time to reload their life total and you'll die to embarassigly small attacks. Against a burn deck, if you don't die while your spell is on the stack, you can die very easily to "skullcrack, charm". Heck, any deck that is remotely aggressive can use that force which was previously unimpressive to kill you now. If we aren't going to go the route of using worldspine worm, I think that dictate of the twin gods is not a good inclusion.

Dark Revenant with a sacrifce element can assure a base 4 for top card mana count check

There are an awful lot of Japanese names in the honorable mentions--something like half, though I didn't count. I wonder if that's typical and I just haven't noticed it before now. Or, I guess there was some kind of convention in Tokyo recently (I only know this because of the Conspiracy spoiler, lol), so maybe that spurred general MtG interest around the time Gavin was soliciting decks?

Sign In to post comments