Magic Arcana / Card of the Day / Daily Deck for May 2014

54 posts / 0 new
Last post

Tackman wrote:

 

JesusKong wrote:

What kind of creature is that in the first picture? Looks sort of like the cat from Kung-Fu Panda. Is this what cats look like on Tarkir?

 

Yes, that's exactly what it is, a big cat.

http://imgur.com/8F2xVtM

 

Lmao, I meant the first pic when they announced Khans of Tarkir. Why do you own a risque pic of Elesh Norn? Hahaha

JesusKong wrote:

 

Tackman wrote:

 

JesusKong wrote:

What kind of creature is that in the first picture? Looks sort of like the cat from Kung-Fu Panda. Is this what cats look like on Tarkir?

 

Yes, that's exactly what it is, a big cat.

http://imgur.com/8F2xVtM

 

 

Lmao, I meant the first pic when they announced Khans of Tarkir. Why do you own a risque pic of Elesh Norn? Hahaha

Phew, I was afraid someone didn't know about Elesh Norn.

 

As for why do I own such picture, I'd rather not talk about that...

 

But seriously, just searching "Elesh Norn" on Google Images yields some... interesting resultats, including a few pictures of the Grand Cenobite in underwears. 

Tackman wrote:

 

JesusKong wrote:

What kind of creature is that in the first picture? Looks sort of like the cat from Kung-Fu Panda. Is this what cats look like on Tarkir?

 

Yes, that's exactly what it is, a big cat.

http://imgur.com/8F2xVtM

 

You were referring to the wrong picture.  No surprise as when I was reading the comment yesterday, the picture with Elesh Norn WAS the first picture shown on the arcana.  However, that picture has nothing to do with Tarkir which was in the comment.  I am very sure JesusKong was referring to the picture in the announcement for Khans of Tarkir.

 

 

However, the only "catlike" feature on this guy is the ears.  The lack of paws, claws, or fur tends to rule out being a humanoid feline.  More likely he is some form of ogre or a new humanoid creature type.

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

GreenBuster wrote:

 

Tackman wrote:

 

JesusKong wrote:

What kind of creature is that in the first picture? Looks sort of like the cat from Kung-Fu Panda. Is this what cats look like on Tarkir?

 

Yes, that's exactly what it is, a big cat.

http://imgur.com/8F2xVtM

 

 

You were referring to the wrong picture.  No surprise as when I was reading the comment yesterday, the picture with Elesh Norn WAS the first picture shown on the arcana.  However, that picture has nothing to do with Tarkir which was in the comment.  I am very sure JesusKong was referring to the picture in the announcement for Khans of Tarkir.

 

 

However, the only "catlike" feature on this guy is the ears.  The lack of paws, claws, or fur tends to rule out being a humanoid feline.  More likely he is some form of ogre or a new humanoid creature type.

 

I was looking at the nose, as well as the ears. Very catlike. I feel it's teeth aren't as pointy and grotesque as ogres from other worlds. Good point about the fur though.

JesusKong wrote:

 

GreenBuster wrote:

 

Tackman wrote:

 

JesusKong wrote:

What kind of creature is that in the first picture? Looks sort of like the cat from Kung-Fu Panda. Is this what cats look like on Tarkir?

 

Yes, that's exactly what it is, a big cat.

http://imgur.com/8F2xVtM

 

 

You were referring to the wrong picture.  No surprise as when I was reading the comment yesterday, the picture with Elesh Norn WAS the first picture shown on the arcana.  However, that picture has nothing to do with Tarkir which was in the comment.  I am very sure JesusKong was referring to the picture in the announcement for Khans of Tarkir.

 

 

However, the only "catlike" feature on this guy is the ears.  The lack of paws, claws, or fur tends to rule out being a humanoid feline.  More likely he is some form of ogre or a new humanoid creature type.

 

 

I was looking at the nose, as well as the ears. Very catlike. I feel it's teeth aren't as pointy and grotesque as ogres from other worlds. Good point about the fur though.

 

I definately thought ogre when I saw that

all humanoids look alike

2 arms

2 legs

vertical stance

Matt_Holck wrote:

all humanoids look alike

2 arms

2 legs

vertical stance

That's racist.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Regarding Mr. Rosewater's reference to long-requested reprints in Khans of Tarkir, I very much believe they will be the ally fetch lands from Onslaught block.  I feel this way for a few reasons:

 

1.  He referred to them in the plural, suggesting a cycle reprint.

2.  Enemy fetch lands have rotated out of standard, and standard has had a 'buffer' year without them to allow time for "new" fetch lands to feel exciting rather than more-of-the-same.

3.  Modern does not have access to ally fetch lands, only enemy fetch lands.  I guarantee this rubs color pie purists in R&D the wrong way.

4.  They are not in Vintage Masters (so far as we know).  This is made more pronounced in that the weaker CIPT fetch lands are in VM instead.  If Wizards did not intend to reprint ally fetches (in a Standard-legal set) around the same time as VM, then these seem like windmill-slam auto-includes for a set designed for Vintage.

 

Just my two cents.

RC_DS2 wrote:

Regarding Mr. Rosewater's reference to long-requested reprints in Khans of Tarkir, I very much believe they will be the ally fetch lands from Onslaught block.  I feel this way for a few reasons:

 

1.  He referred to them in the plural, suggesting a cycle reprint.

2.  Enemy fetch lands have rotated out of standard, and standard has had a 'buffer' year without them to allow time for "new" fetch lands to feel exciting rather than more-of-the-same.

3.  Modern does not have access to ally fetch lands, only enemy fetch lands.  I guarantee this rubs color pie purists in R&D the wrong way.

4.  They are not in Vintage Masters (so far as we know).  This is made more pronounced in that the weaker CIPT fetch lands are in VM instead.  If Wizards did not intend to reprint ally fetches (in a Standard-legal set) around the same time as VM, then these seem like windmill-slam auto-includes for a set designed for Vintage.

 

Just my two cents.

 

He didn't refer to them in the plural, or say they were reprints, and the fetch lands haven't really been "absent" from Magic. I got the feeling he was talking about a theme. Having said that, you make a great point about them not being in VM, the whole list has been up for a couple weeks now (which hasn't really been showcased with VM week followed by Conspiracy week, which kinda grinds my gears). You may be correct R2-D2

JesusKong wrote:

 

RC_DS2 wrote:

Regarding Mr. Rosewater's reference to long-requested reprints in Khans of Tarkir, I very much believe they will be the ally fetch lands from Onslaught block.  I feel this way for a few reasons:

 

1.  He referred to them in the plural, suggesting a cycle reprint.

2.  Enemy fetch lands have rotated out of standard, and standard has had a 'buffer' year without them to allow time for "new" fetch lands to feel exciting rather than more-of-the-same.

3.  Modern does not have access to ally fetch lands, only enemy fetch lands.  I guarantee this rubs color pie purists in R&D the wrong way.

4.  They are not in Vintage Masters (so far as we know).  This is made more pronounced in that the weaker CIPT fetch lands are in VM instead.  If Wizards did not intend to reprint ally fetches (in a Standard-legal set) around the same time as VM, then these seem like windmill-slam auto-includes for a set designed for Vintage.

 

Just my two cents.

 

 

He didn't refer to them in the plural, or say they were reprints, and the fetch lands haven't really been "absent" from Magic. I got the feeling he was talking about a theme. Having said that, you make a great point about them not being in VM, the whole list has been up for a couple weeks now (which hasn't really been showcased with VM week followed by Conspiracy week, which kinda grinds my gears). You may be correct R2-D2

 

Crazy.  I watched that video twice, and, for some reason, my brain processed his reference in the plural.  You are right, though.  Not actually plural.  Also, I took his statement of, "bringing back" to mean 'reprint,' but after reading your post, I can absolutely see him referring to a mechanic or theme rather than specific cards.  Also true about them not really being "absent," as they are still widely played in older formats.  Now that I think about it, reprinting them only really makes a difference for Modern (and Standard for two years, obviously).  Hmm...  Now I'm wondering what would be considered having been absent from Magic.  I always liked the Ninjutsu mechanic, but that's probably a pipe dream.  

 

And yeah, it was a big announcement for about a week and then nothing.  I actually had to dig in order to even find a link to the card list just a week after the announcement.  Kinda miffed about that myself.

Looking at the picture, I presume the thing that was absent and is being brought back is Orc creature type.

RC_DS2 wrote:

 

JesusKong wrote:

 

RC_DS2 wrote:

Regarding Mr. Rosewater's reference to long-requested reprints in Khans of Tarkir, I very much believe they will be the ally fetch lands from Onslaught block.  I feel this way for a few reasons:

 

1.  He referred to them in the plural, suggesting a cycle reprint.

2.  Enemy fetch lands have rotated out of standard, and standard has had a 'buffer' year without them to allow time for "new" fetch lands to feel exciting rather than more-of-the-same.

3.  Modern does not have access to ally fetch lands, only enemy fetch lands.  I guarantee this rubs color pie purists in R&D the wrong way.

4.  They are not in Vintage Masters (so far as we know).  This is made more pronounced in that the weaker CIPT fetch lands are in VM instead.  If Wizards did not intend to reprint ally fetches (in a Standard-legal set) around the same time as VM, then these seem like windmill-slam auto-includes for a set designed for Vintage.

 

Just my two cents.

 

 

He didn't refer to them in the plural, or say they were reprints, and the fetch lands haven't really been "absent" from Magic. I got the feeling he was talking about a theme. Having said that, you make a great point about them not being in VM, the whole list has been up for a couple weeks now (which hasn't really been showcased with VM week followed by Conspiracy week, which kinda grinds my gears). You may be correct R2-D2

 

 

Crazy.  I watched that video twice, and, for some reason, my brain processed his reference in the plural.  You are right, though.  Not actually plural.  Also, I took his statement of, "bringing back" to mean 'reprint,' but after reading your post, I can absolutely see him referring to a mechanic or theme rather than specific cards.  Also true about them not really being "absent," as they are still widely played in older formats.  Now that I think about it, reprinting them only really makes a difference for Modern (and Standard for two years, obviously).  Hmm...  Now I'm wondering what would be considered having been absent from Magic.  I always liked the Ninjutsu mechanic, but that's probably a pipe dream.  

 

And yeah, it was a big announcement for about a week and then nothing.  I actually had to dig in order to even find a link to the card list just a week after the announcement.  Kinda miffed about that myself.

 

Still, they weren't in Vintage Masters, which is really weird. Like you said, they had the less powerful ones. And people have been asking for them to be reprinted. I think you're onto something.

I got one of the boosters with all the gods.didn't even know they were doing this. Ways the rate of these per box?