4/23/2014 LI: "Power Play"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Limited Information, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

I'm quite excited to wait for all the stories of players trying to use Supply-Line Cranes to trigger heroic (spoiler: it doesn't)

Anyway, this set seems awesome. Can't wait to play it.

"Satyr Hoplite is the simplest possible heroic creature, yet it's one we all were wondering about since the beginning. Are they going to do a 1/1 with the +1/+1-counter heroic ability?"

Favored Hoplite.

And my money is that Akroan Mastiff will be a good card vs. Bestow-heavy decks.

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

Alter_Boy wrote:

"Satyr Hoplite is the simplest possible heroic creature, yet it's one we all were wondering about since the beginning. Are they going to do a 1/1 with the +1/+1-counter heroic ability?"

Favored Hoplite.

Favored Hoplite is a 1/2 and has an additional Heroic effect.

Drecon84 wrote:

I'm quite excited to wait for all the stories of players trying to use Supply-Line Cranes to trigger heroic (spoiler: it doesn't) (snip)

Neither did any of the three copies of Breaching Hippocamp I drafted thinking this worked once, lol. Oh well; I still have an affection for that card anyway--the art rocks, and the creature-type line tickles me.

I like the cranes way beyond their actual play value, too, but Cloaked Siren really made me go wowza because when I first started playing, I stole many a triple-Innistrad draft with Moon Heron, and this is an upgrade. To me, these cards will always be Moon Herons and not Snapping Drakes. (Technically, for the format, Moon Heron was a strictly-better anyway because it was a spirit and there was a certain amount of spirit tribal running around. Took me until most of the way through the format to learn that Moon Heron, Spectral Rider, and (perhaps most oddly) Kindercatch were all spirits.)

Ephara's Warden says hi to Akroan Mastiff--Marshall isn't technically right about there not having been a tapper. True, she wasn't wonderful, but sometimes as a 23rd card she wound up doing work. (I have no idea why that's not autocarding up properly; I've checked the spelling three times.)

Wrong forum link yet again... Got logged out for no reason yet again... It's no wonder these forums are dying, is it? 

Sign In to post comments