4/18/2014 TD: "A Shocking Addition"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.

What a boring preview card.  I'm not saying it won't be a roleplayer but Magma Spray wasn't exciting even when it had Kitchen Finks, Sedraxis Specter, and their Persist and Unearth kin to deal with.  LSV did his best with it, but does that card really make anyone want to go buy Journey packs?

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

No and it's funny that they chose to preview that card instead of something more relevant.

Idk, knowing what burn is out there is always relevant, imho. I thought LSV did a nice job with it, basically using the card as a backdrop to talk about Standard for a little bit--the Counterflux vs. Esper/UW part was an interesting point I'd never considered, for one.

Amarsir wrote:

What a boring preview card.  I'm not saying it won't be a roleplayer but Magma Spray wasn't exciting even when it had Kitchen Finks, Sedraxis Specter, and their Persist and Unearth kin to deal with.  LSV did his best with it, but does that card really make anyone want to go buy Journey packs?

ZursApprentice wrote:
No and it's funny that they chose to preview that card instead of something more relevant.

I for one, like that they are not talking about rares that are flashy but may or may not play a role in any format.Preview seasons end on Friday so it's a good thing for authors to talk about cards that they think are gonna be useful and not mainly to atract people.

Sign In to post comments