4/9/2014 UR

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Uncharted Realms, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Great story. I always love getting the background of stuff like this.

Also, does this mean that Polukranos is the lost RG god? Was he actually in the pantheon and then cast out in some way? That would be kind of awesome.

That was a pretty cool little story.

Well done! I want more! Any chance this is planning to be part of a full novel?

Re: New Ajani

Three words ...

Holy Flippin' Crap

"Elspeth. His thoughts kept returning to her."

If I had a nickel for every time "his thoughts kept returning to her" appeared in a romance novel, I'd have to go to the bank and deposit my cash lest I die suffocated under a mountain of nickels.

Vorthoses, help me out--was Ajani/Elspeth-shipping already a thing, or is this new? I'm also reminded that there's a spoiled art of Elpeth solemnly holding hands with a leonin, but I can't remember if it's Brimaz or Ajani in that one.

This was a good story, with nice teases following the superb Godsend.  Eagerly awaiting the conclusion in Journey into Nyx.

Can someone help me out with the timeline of events since the Mending and a little before?  

How old are Elspeth and Ajani?  Because Shards of Alara happened when Ajani had just sparked, but he's presented here as being much older and travelled, yet that's where he met Elspeth.  

Elpseth is described in Godsend as fleeing the Phyrexians when she was young, yet my understanding is that Apocalpyse, which wiped them out from the multiverse, happened centuries ago.  I didn't think current Planeswalkers were immortal or long lived.  Not to mention that in Godsend, she meets Daxos when they are both young, and he is a normal human who can't be older than his 20s when she returns to Theros.

How long is the gap between TIme Spiral and Shards of Alara?  Because Ajani mentions today that Nicol Bolas had plotted for centuries on Alara, yet he was doing that because of his reduced power following the Mending. 

Croig wrote:

Elpseth is described in Godsend as fleeing the Phyrexians when she was young, yet my understanding is that Apocalpyse, which wiped them out from the multiverse, happened centuries ago.  I didn't think current Planeswalkers were immortal or long lived.  Not to mention that in Godsend, she meets Daxos when they are both young, and he is a normal human who can't be older than his 20s when she returns to Theros.

I've thought about this myself. The Phyrexians on Elspeth's world must be one of two things: Remnants of the Old Phyrexians who have been on that plane for centuries (But then, why not make a portal and leave? The Old Phyrexians could do that, but maybe they need Yawgmoth), or perhaps when Karn went kinda-crazy he went to Elspeth's plane and left some oil behind? Those are my only guesses.

My understanding is the only pre-mending planeswalkers who have cards are Nicol Bolas, Sorin, Liliana, and Karn.

Sign In to post comments