4/1/2014 RC: "From Brimaz to Blitz"

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Woah. 5 Purphuros in the final decklist? A little too OP for me. Regardless, an interesting read. Though personally, I want to build around Brimaz popping out Purphuros damage every turn.

I wonder how many people will realise that this is an April's fools article. Note how he keeps making emphasis in being "competitive" and not being shackled to a theme while exchanging every single original card for a worse one just to keep a cat theme and a desire to trigger a card that is totally alien to the deck.

OMG this guy is too funny for fools. thats what it is. CATS. love it. 5/5.

Today has been a good day on this website.

This article was giving me agita, until I remembered it was April Fool's Day. 

while this is an April's Fool article... I still think it's fun to make a cat-theme deck casually...... and the choices he made is not that bad for a low cost casual deck (except the 5 god....)

Bwahaha. That was an impressive trololol of a ReConstruction

Coralus wrote:

Woah. 5 Purphuros in the final decklist? A little too OP for me. Regardless, an interesting read. Though personally, I want to build around Brimaz popping out Purphuros damage every turn.

Ermagerd, missed the 5-count in the final list, lol. Priceless. Nacatl War-Pride cracked me up. From that point on I was on board with thorough trolling and just waiting for the non-Modern-legal cards to pop in and make it more hilarious, and they did.

Bruce also managed to stay true to the fine ReConstructed tradition of messing with the manabase but never mentioning this or explaining the changes in the article. Props.

Also, I would give extra points if Loading Ready Run made reference to this in their next video, given the ongoing cat thing over there.

Hysterically lovely. XD

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

Sign In to post comments