3/6/14 - CT: Always Be Closing

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Command Tower, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com

Dear Adam Styborski, in your Karametra, Gods of Harvests commander deck you missed some key cards, like Admonition Angel is amazing in this deck, and I can't beleave you missed it.. Grazing Gladehart gains you more life than Kitchen Finks. Borderland Ranger and the like works better for you than Cultivate / Kodama's Reach, because also get a creature along with the same effect. Vinelasher Kudzu, and Eternity Vessel is insane. I also run Baloth Woodcrasher. By th way try Bant land fall, it is cooler. I don't want to wreck your day, but that is just what is wrong with the first deck. You need help.

poet_trs wrote:

Dear Adam Styborski, in your Karametra, Gods of Harvests commander deck you missed some key cards, like Admonition Angel is amazing in this deck, and I can't beleave you missed it.. Grazing Gladehart gains you more life than Kitchen Finks. Borderland Ranger and the like works better for you than Cultivate / Kodama's Reach, because also get a creature along with the same effect. Vinelasher Kudzu, and Eternity Vessel is insane. I also run Baloth Woodcrasher. By th way try Bant land fall, it is cooler.

Uhhhhhh, what?  That's not his own personal deck.  The name of the deck is even "Matthew's Karametra".  The decks he posts are submitted by readers of the column, and it has been that way since he started writing Command Tower.

poet_trs wrote:

I don't want to wreck your day, but that is just what is wrong with the first deck. You need help.

I don't want to wreck your day, but you need help.  Who cares if a deck doesn't use the cards you would use?

My EDH decks:

Erebos ()

Damia ()

Ghave ()

Sliver Overlord ()

It is simple if you want to win you must use the right cards. Those are not just the cards I would use. They are the right cards, but I don't expect you to understand that. These are the decks he thought deserve praise, and he did not make such good suuggestions to help them. Which is his failure and why he needs help. I have been playing a simlar deck for years, so I already know what works.