2/14/2014 LD: "The M Files: Born of the Gods"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Latest Developments, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.

More of a complaint for creative than for development, but Reap What Is Sown totally implies vengeance, not farming. Not sure why they referenced the phrase - I'd expect some kind of white or black spell akin to Shining Shoal or Repentance, reflect a creature's damage back at itself. For actual farming-based buffs.... "Reap the Fields?" "Harvest's Bounty?" Something like that instead.

Can't believe that you ever thought the old version of black heroic would fly with the players.

I can't fathom why the playtest name of Charging Badger wasn't Honey Badger.

2nding flopfoot here.  Thank heavens they changed the black heroics.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

To me, Black Oak is just a Shade Wall that taps guys as a mechanic enabler. There are mechanic enabler in every set. It feels nothing but black. Also, tapping guys for p/t boost doesnt stand out as specifically green. R&d is weird sometimes.

The-D wrote:
To me, Black Oak is just a Shade Wall that taps guys as a mechanic enabler. There are mechanic enabler in every set. It feels nothing but black. Also, tapping guys for p/t boost doesnt stand out as specifically green. R&d is weird sometimes.

Now I'm really upset it wasn't typed as a 'Shade Treefolk' for the pun. 

Sign In to post comments