2/12/2014 FTL: "Hunting Down Inspiration"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

I used to have Gisela as a commander. Then I discovered she was "I win the game right now" every time I cast her, an utterly ridiculous game-ender who takes all the fun out of games. I tried demoting her to one of the 99, but that just meant it was only the proportion of games where I drew her (plus 7 mana) that she terminated. So I removed her entirely. 
What I'm saying is, the combo of Gisela + Repercussion + Satyr Firedancer is pretty good, but the real combo is "Gisela + any creature" or "Gisela + any source of damage". 

As for Aura of Dominion not quite working with Arbiter of the Ideal if you hit an enchantment, instant or sorcery... as one of my friends put it: "If only there were some sort of inblock mechanic which allowed you to look at the top card of your library and put it on the top or bottom, your choice."

As soon as I saw Satyr Firedancer, I immediately thought,"Young Pyromancer and Guttersnipe meet your new friend!"  This card combo could be devastating with Electrickery overloaded, Magma Jet, Lightening Strike, Lightening Volley, and Forgestoker Dragon leading the way.  Bile Blight would not be nice though.

awwwwwww, why for no duel?

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

Flyheight wrote:

awwwwwww, why for no duel?

^this