1/27/14 - Feature: Born of the Gods Prerelease Primer

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Born of the Gods Prerelease Primer feature, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

The seeded booster - will it have cards only from Born of the Gods?

Why are we only getting 2 Born of the gods packs? I thought it was a Born of the Gods prerelease, not a half BotG prerelease and half Theros rerelease. Looks like a ripoff to me, I will not be going, and I would encourage others to do the same.

I'm amped! Going to see what the fuss is all about when it comes to the Ray Gun Lounge here in Seattle.

I have family is Seattle

Jamas wrote:

The seeded booster - will it have cards only from Born of the Gods?

I think so.  Unfortunately with Wizards you can never be sure of that these days, but the seeded packs for Gatecrash (guild packs) contained only Gatecrash cards.  So there's no indication that BTG seeded packs will have Theros cards.

Hruberen wrote:

Why are we only getting 2 Born of the gods packs? I thought it was a Born of the Gods prerelease, not a half BotG prerelease and half Theros rerelease. Looks like a ripoff to me, I will not be going, and I would encourage others to do the same.

That's how small sets have always worked.  It's not meant to be played by itself, so you get 3 BotG packs (one seeded) and 3 supporting Theros ones.

(Heck it used to be you'd get a big set Starter Deck and TWO boosters, so three was a step up.)

However, I can't speak to whether or not it's worth going.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.