1/15/2014 FTL: "Soul Survivor"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

How is wizards gonna go and print a mythic skeleton without regeneration?

Shaven_wookie wrote:

How is wizards gonna go and print a mythic skeleton without regeneration?

The last ability is the 'regeneration', kind of like Reassembling Skeleton.  Not really regeneration, I know, but I imagine they're just going for the flavor of "this keeps coming back".  See also Mortus Strider.

EDIT: Was going to ask: How is Demon of Death's Gate any good in the second deck?  You need to sacrifice black creatures in order to cheat it out and all the Spirit tokens the deck can generate are white.

My EDH decks:

Erebos ()

Damia ()

Ghave ()

Sliver Overlord ()

Carrionette

note: it is not exiled if the opponent pays the tribute

+1 for the flavour inspired deck this week. 

Would love to see them appear more regularly. 

Matt_Holck wrote:

Carrionette

Huh? Carrionette doesn't have tribute. I hope this isn't a trend in terming abilities that have "unless a player does X" as "tribute."

"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

Qilong wrote:

Matt_Holck wrote:

Carrionette

Huh? Carionette doesn't have tribute. I hope this isn't a trend in terming abilities that have "unless a player does X" as "tribute."

I seriously doubt that will happen.  Matt_Holck is just being nonsensical as per usual.

My EDH decks:

Erebos ()

Damia ()

Ghave ()

Sliver Overlord ()