1/14/2014 RC: "I, Roas"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Good card. I'll probably grab one as a backup beater for my EDH Bruna deck. But when I see an article named "I, Roas," one presumes it might actually be about Iroas ... a god. Not a schmuck. 'Cause to Iroas, this guiy is probably a schmuck.

I like the attention to detail on the cesti he's equipping; hope to see a cesti equip sometime in this block. There's a few wholly Greek-ish sets of weapons the game can turn into equipment, and fist weapons like these are one of them. We should be getting a spear/shield pairing for hoplites, but given how MTG think hoplites should be using swords instead, unlikely.

He's also not as swarthy as a Greek should be, which is a downside given how significant he looks, how central he might be to some strategies, and how non-Mediterranean some people's concepts of human should look -- and this is coming from someone who's of Celtic and Nordic descent.

"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

solid 2 drop for a white vini deck

NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

Elton John - Sad songs say so much - Español/Inglés

I will henceforth refer to him as Ron Burgundy, due to the flavor text.

Jeleva wrote:

I will henceforth refer to him as Ron Burgundy, due to the flavor text.

Ron whom?

"Is he alone who has courage on his right hand and faith on his left hand?" -- Charles Lindburgh, 1927 (quoted by Robert Fitton, 2000)

Anchorman may have some smart writers, but it's all derivative; they stand on the shoulders of giants, as this very quote does.

"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
Sign In to post comments