11/25/2013 Feature: "Game On Chattanooga"

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of the feature article "Game On Chattanooga", which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

This has to be one of the best ideas for a store giving back i've seen in a long long time.  

All the extras for donating cans and getting perks in the game are pure genius. 

If I didn't just move to the west coast from Atlanta, I totally would have driven to Chatt for this!

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/3208275170/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

The "cheating" incentives are FANTASTIC.  This is such a cool idea.

I see that the date has already passed, but unfortunately I wouldn't have been able to go anyway (not in the area).

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.