11/25/2013 MM: "Finding the One, Part 2"

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Making Magic, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Thank you for the personal columns Mark.  I enjoy that they are good life lessons and interesting design stories intertwined.

Also props to your column artist for the Charlie Brown tree with the breaking ornament.  That was really really funny. =)

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

I'm uncomfortable how much you make it sound like a good emotional plan to initiate physical intimacy with someone who has explicitly told you that they do not consent. I realize that it turned out well here but I think that kind of boundary-violating is generally dangerous, and it was irresponsible of you to not highlight that in your writing.

Sign In to post comments