11/14/13 Command Tower: The New Divide

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Command Tower, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com

Thank you for referencing one of my absolute favorite songs. Awesomeness.

Current Magic Decks: Vulshok and Awe (Red Kuldotha/Battle Cry) Blades/Claws/Fangs (Red/Green Werewolf) Primal Vigor (Green Garruk) Lost History (Rainbow Un-sets)

My most ruthless Commander deck, which I haven't pulled apart yet, is a Rafiq of the Many deck with the sole goal of giving him infect, and attacking for as much poison as possible. It was absolutely brutal, and has never lost. My favorite game ever with the deck was when an opponent cast Chaos Warp on him, and I shuffled him in, and my opponent cut, and I flipped, and it was Rafiq. That was a charmed deck. I haven't played it in many months. It was quite unfun for my opponents.

most often when i dissasemble a deck its because it was a one trick pony combo deck. those decks are great fun once or twice but get old fast. i had a commander deck (that i dissasembled) that used Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind as the general. it had lots of good cards in it but also had curiosity & Ophidian Eye in it, and every game would end as soon as i draw one of those two and cast it making games predictable and no one wanted to play against it.

As far as dissasembling a fun deck because its too powerful, I would recomend using it in archenemy as the archenemy.

Sign In to post comments