11/12/2013 RC: "Love and Monsters"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Sounds like you are into the KEXP scene too

+1 Debt and Tactics

Go Flamingoes

mana boosting is necessary to get to 10

cards that provide more than one mana

Karametra's Acolyte and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx

there is also Ordeal of Nylea, and Burnished Hart

seek the horizon, Crypt Ghast, Into the Wilds

The deck Gavin ended up with is strikingly similar to the deck I submitted to him :P Apparently it was a common thread to go on.  I didn't use the Colossus of Akros tho, because I thought it too sketchy to try and pull off in a serious game.   Fun, no doubt, but perhaps a bit too greedy. Instead I wanted to use the ludicrous mana for enormous Polukranos activations.  I likewise used the Axebane/Caryatid/Gatekeeper combo as a mana engine but I also included Reverent Hunter at the 3 drop to give the deck a little bite early on instead of just playing defense until the mana-makers kick in.   I was also afraid of board wipes, which really reset this deck back to 0, so I included a plains for Ready/Willing to protect my mana dorks.  While evaluating my threats, I also used Polukranos and Arbor Colossus (3 each) but I found that Kalonian Hydra was just stupid good in doubling monstrosity counters and I chose it over Akros Colossus as a safer bet.   On the planeswalker side of things, Garruk, Caller of Beasts is insane in this deck given the large creature count, but since I was in white I didn't consider Xenagos, whose mana ramp contribution I really like.  And my brother said I couldn't make a mono-green deck....heh.

Is the email function in the article working for anyone else? I was trying to submit a deck just before the deadline, and it's throwing an error.

Sign In to post comments