11/11/2013 FTL: "Monsters in the Closet"

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

One thing from a writer's perspective:

You can't say that you're gonna name two things and then proceed to only name one of them. It's obvious that the second was the mana issue, but I've spent the entire article with that feeling in my stomach of somehting that wasn't finished...

Hee. Mike's definitely trending towards the sillier, more casual kind of combos in recent weeks... which is a definite thumbs up in my book! Assembling a 20/1 Frankenstein's Monster then casting Rite of Consumption is a win condition worthy of Mark Gottlieb or Chris Millar.

Great stuff, Mike, keep it up! :D

[small]I'd just like to mention that I was at FNM this week and attacked for 20 damage in one combat step, with one creature. Fabled Hero benefiting from Madcap Skills, Ordeal of Purphoros and a couple of instants. If they don't have any blockers then Madcap Skills plus Titan's Strength are enough on their own. Not sure if that's Timmy or Johnny really, but it was awesome, anyway.[/small]