10/22/2013 RC: "Heroic Blitz"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's ReConstructed, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

I wonder whether it'll be a problem being unable to target Soldier of the Pantheon with Martial Glory?

Nonetheless, this is a delightful deck. I've been playing a casual version of it for a week or two, and Favored Hoplite into Madcap Skills is a nice start; Fabled Hero into Madcap Skills is utterly devastating unless they have a removal spell right now. I'm tickled by the addition of Martial Glory, which I hadn't thought of - that's a fun piece of cross-block synergy to have a RtR-block card in red-white that beneficially targets two of your own creatures :3

alextfish wrote:

I wonder whether it'll be a problem being unable to target Soldier of the Pantheon with Martial Glory?

Nonetheless, this is a delightful deck. I've been playing a casual version of it for a week or two, and Favored Hoplite into Madcap Skills is a nice start; Fabled Hero into Madcap Skills is utterly devastating unless they have a removal spell right now. I'm tickled by the addition of Martial Glory, which I hadn't thought of - that's a fun piece of cross-block synergy to have a RtR-block card in red-white that beneficially targets two of your own creatures :3

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you liked the deck.

I did think about the Glory interaction, but the nonbo between the two cards isn't that big of a deal to me. (Especially since you most often want to target your heroic creatures with Glory.) Considering the other options, the upside of Soldier is enough to make up for the noninteraction with one card.

Haven't had much time to play this deck maybe 6-7 "just for fun" and one best of 3 match against  monoblack devotion.  I think it won every match until i stepped up to the monoblack guy.  I took first game in turn three, which is the only way this deck could beat monoblack right now.  Lost the other 2 games though, one due to the exact problem that was just mentioned, mulliganed into a hand of Soldier of the Pantheon's and Martial Glories haha, like 2 of each and a two lands.  That game did not go well.  All in all, a really fun deck though.  Love the heroic mechanic.

Sign In to post comments