10/2/2013 Feature: "Ending 7,300 Enchanted Evenings"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Feature Article, "Ending 7,300 Enchanted Evenings", which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com

Great article Mike, love these historic looks at Magic!

@ Whoever is in charge of Gatherer: I know you have the most recent cards displayed, but could you make an exception for Necropotence? The old art was iconic, this new one is...ugly.

Catalog this article under "filler."  If you didn't read it here's the synopsis:

People used to use enchantments more so Disenchant was maindecked. 

People stopped using them so much.

Now we are pushing enchantments and we made a card that can get rid of them.

The end.

Unfortunately Mike's articles read like ad copy even when he's not meant to do a preview.  (Because he works in marketing.)  It's worse when he doesn't actually have anything to say, because he doesn't yet know how maindeck-worthy Fade Into Antiquity will be. Mike has written some great articles in his time, so the standard is high.  But I don't feel like I got anything out of this.

p.s. The lackluster showing by Phyrexian Obliterator in Standard had pretty much nothing to do with Wrack with Madness.  Here are the successful decks from Pro Tour Dark Ascension.  (Standard)  Out of like 100 decks, FOUR of them played Obliterator and ZERO played Wrack.  It just wasn't a good card for the format and didn't need specific answers.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Sign In to post comments