10/1/2013 SF: "Enchanted Enablers"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

My favorite enchantment wielding creature? The Popcorn Rat! My wife, who doesn't enjoy Magic, played and enjoyed a deck built around him back in the day. Wish he were at least Modern playable - I'd be loving that for a fun deck! So many good enchantments now - he was even pre-Rancor.

I like to enchant Scryb Sprites

nice list of enablers thanks

is my favorite enchantment destruct

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]

The problem with Krond the Dawn-Clad, is that it just sucks every which way. Its casting cost is oppressive. It's power and toughness isn't high enough to handle the trouble to cast it. The Legendary prevents any advantage of having out multiples. The Mythic Rare has players looking at a card that requires a lot of hoops to make work. There are far easier and more reliable ways to do what he does. This card should have more bang to it. Be it exiling a permanent for each aura on it; or triggering whenever it attacks OR blocks; or even that you get to search for an enchantment and put it onto the battlefield whenever it deals combat damage.

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green).

He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one."

I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago." ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************MaRo: During a playtest, I played a Reaper from the Abyss. I attacked each turn, while my opponent would chump block (he had a lot of fliers), and then I killed a second creature. This happened until he had only one creature left. I attack, he blocked, and then the following dialogue occurred:

Him: Kill your demon. Me: What? Him: My guy died so you have to kill a creature.

Me: Yeah, but why would a demon kill himself?

Him: I don't know. He's depressed there's no one left to kill.

Me: That doesn't make any sense. Him: I don't care. It's what the card says. I then take out my pen, and wrote "non-Demon" on it.

Him: You can't do that.

Me: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

Bruce, if you're making an Uril deck, please consider hateflayerboggart ram-gang, and other creatures with wither. These creatures with enchantments will cause headaches for folks to block. nylea, god of the hunt will be a good inclusion. The ram gang gets you +3 devotion to green and you may cast it using just red mana!