9/23/13 Feature Article: So You Want to be a Hero

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of the feature article "So You Want to be a Hero", which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

I'm confused.  People who play in the prerelease queues, the release queues, and the hydra queues will eventually be able to play in alternate Standard queues with 27 life and free Looting?  Dare I ask how much additional prize support they'll have give up for this "benefit"?

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Don't forget the untargetable Icy Manipulator or Onyx Mage.

They changed the article so it shows the 5x hero avatars now.  When I read last night it was showing the Prelease Promos on each line, leading me to conclude each of the 5 avatars was a do-nothing.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

They mention a Hydra themed Standard deck for the "Face the Hydra" challenge, but the previewed cards of the Face the Hydra challenge deck shown previously were not standard cards.

Does this mean that that the Face the Hydra event online will not be using the same challenge deck?

I like the bas relief cut sculptured art

and planer digital focusing techniques on the holography cards

Correct, the "Face the Hydra" challenge that will be taking place in stores will not be available online. Instead, we in R&D will be creating hydra-themed Standard decks to play against the winners of the five "Face the Hydra" Premier Events.

-Ryan

Ryan_S wrote:

Correct, the "Face the Hydra" challenge that will be taking place in stores will not be available online. Instead, we in R&D will be creating hydra-themed Standard decks to play against the winners of the five "Face the Hydra" Premier Events.

-Ryan

Can we get those decklists?.....

Myths of Theros: Part 1, Part 2, Born of the Gods Myths

Beta Client, "Shiny", V4.0 tutorial

Momir Basic Primer

That's too bad. It looked interesting, and MTGO is my only magic outlet, so if it isn't here, it doesn't exist for me. I can see the likely reasoning, it seems like something with a different ruleset that's probably not worth the time required to implement it in the client. 

Either way, thanks for the clarification.