9/13/2013 TWTW: "Hydra-rah-rah-rah!"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's The Week That Was, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.

BDM does like his hydras, but Gaea's Revenge this ain't.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

It's not too bad of a Hydra.  I think the biggest competitor to this having that desired sideboard potential in Standard is Witchstalker, which rotates out with this and is probably better than this.  If 'stalker wasn't just printed in M14, I'd say this has a good shot in people's sideboards versus control.

It's got potential, but when you're not playing against blue, it's just Ivy Elemental with haste.  I think it's absolutely crazy (and bad) that's where we're at in terms of how much creatures have been power creeped.

Appreciated the history, though.  Cool to look back through a bunch of the archtypal G/R beats.

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com — A functioning forum

Is the card image that is being used for this article incomplete?   I am missing where it says this creature has haste....

Darkwing_Duck wrote:

Is the card image that is being used for this article incomplete?   I am missing where it says this creature has haste....

Second line of Mistcutter Hydra's text box says "Haste, protection from blue".