8/14/2013 UR: "Ravnica High"

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Uncharted Realms, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
As a person who loves Ravinca so much the he DM's a D&D game that takes place in the realm I must say I loved it. Acooriding to the article I was mostly with the izzet but drifted between the rackdos and dimir alot.
I'll admit it. I was Dimir/Izzet. The super nerd. This may explain my love for playing Grixis Control whenever possible...
I really enjoyed the article. Over the course of my high school survival experience I drifted between Izzet, Rakdos and Selesnya (Computer Geek, Music Geek and then I ended up hanging out with the stoners who were also the gamers).

But yeah, the main reason I'm commenting is to say that even though I'm not normally a fan of sports team t-shirts, even for fandoms, I would totally buy a Fighting Froghemoths t-shirt. I know chances are pretty unlikely of Wizards making something that obscure with Ravnica on its way out but there's one confirmed sale right here if it did happen.
Awesome off-the-wall article. Love it.
Finally an acknowledgement of the Rakdos artistic side!
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
Being a bit far removed from high school (and not enjoying my time there), I wasn't really digging it till the end; the the Fighting Froghemoths is just too good not to comment on. 
Proud member of C.A.R.D. - Campaign Against Rare Duals "...but the time has come when lands just need to be better. Creatures have gotten stronger, spells have always been insane, and lands just sat in this awkward place of necessity." Jacob Van Lunen on the refuge duals, 16 Sep 2009. "While it made thematic sense to separate enemy and allied color fixing in the past, we have come around to the definite conclusion that it is just plain incorrect from a game-play perspective. This is one of these situations where game play should just trump flavor." - Sam Stoddard on ending the separation of allied/enemy dual lands. 05 July 2013
The article was really fun to read. I play Azorious but According to this I was a rakdos/dimir mix then i got into college and became a selesnya.

I would dare say its time that i made some new decks to reflect these findings
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
A group of my friends, along with myself, were talking about superimposing guild ideals random settings.... cant believe we never though of high school....

I was a legit Izzit in high school and college (still am too).... Odd i dont like the Izzet guild though.... even more odd is that I love the Simic guild but did everything in my power to stay away from science labs and biology classes....

I could aslo have been guild-less i suppose.... I have multiple friends that fit all of the guilds (though that could just as well place me in Selesnya...)
But yeah, the main reason I'm commenting is to say that even though I'm not normally a fan of sports team t-shirts, even for fandoms, I would totally buy a Fighting Froghemoths t-shirt. I know chances are pretty unlikely of Wizards making something that obscure with Ravnica on its way out but there's one confirmed sale right here if it did happen.

Being a bit far removed from high school (and not enjoying my time there), I wasn't really digging it till the end; the the Fighting Froghemoths is just too good not to comment on. 

Thanks guys! It was fun to make, glad you liked it! 
I'm a bit sad to not see a guild associated with band/orchestra kids. That's one of the most universal cliques of any high school. Admittedly, I'm not sure who they'd be. Maybe they'd have been a good fit for Selesnya if things got changed around a bit.

Other than that, I did enjoy the article, especially the Rakdos as those weird theater kids (so true), and the Fighting Froghemoths.

Pretty sure I ended up Gateless in both high school and college. Outsider clique is fun.
Rules Nut Advisor