8/8/2013 PR: "In World's Wake"

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Perilous Research, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.

17. Be the future
Don't wait around for others to be playing the best new decks. There were a lot of missed opportunities in terms of deck choice this last week. Is everyone playing Red-White-Blue and Jund? Then play Junk Rites, and you'll probably be winning a lot. Be the change that keeps the cogs moving.

No. Don't play Junk Rites against a field where Jund is a significant player, unless you wish to roll over against a T2 Scavenging Ooze, which most Jund builds are maindecking these days.
If one player sticks 
Olivia Voldaren, the other player can't cast his or her own because the first player can just untap, steal it, and sacrifice that copy.
Somewhere in R&D a couple developers are going "Exactl... wait, is that what we meant to do?"

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Man, I was really hoping "Test your deck" would have been one of his 20 lessons.
If one player sticks 
Olivia Voldaren, the other player can't cast his or her own because the first player can just untap, steal it, and sacrifice that copy.

Somewhere in R&D a couple developers are going "Exactl... wait, is that what we meant to do?"

INORITE

farseek is out next month

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]
The most impressive finish available to this strategy is Flesh & Blood. This card hasn't been utilized much in competitive Constructed, but it packs one hell of a wallop when combined withGhor-Clan Rampager. Here's some food for thought. A Gruul player has six lands and a 2/2Scavenging Ooze in play with three cards in hand and no creatures in either graveyard. The Gruul player attacks and the tapped-out opponent waves the Ooze through. "Ghor-Clan Rampager,Ghor-Clan Rampager, Flesh & Blood." That's 20 points of damage completely out of nowhere.

erdana, sans-serif">is it like a running gag for daily MTG writers to make up illegal plays and advocate them in their columns? it's really weird how often this happens......

I don't want a mock fight

I don't need to prove my understanding again

cast flesh and blood in  the second main phase after attacking

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]

blackfair wrote:
The most impressive finish available to this strategy is Flesh & Blood. This card hasn't been utilized much in competitive Constructed, but it packs one hell of a wallop when combined withGhor-Clan Rampager. Here's some food for thought. A Gruul player has six lands and a 2/2Scavenging Ooze in play with three cards in hand and no creatures in either graveyard. The Gruul player attacks and the tapped-out opponent waves the Ooze through. "Ghor-Clan Rampager,Ghor-Clan Rampager, Flesh & Blood." That's 20 points of damage completely out of nowhere.

erdana, sans-serif">is it like a running gag for daily MTG writers to make up illegal plays and advocate them in their columns? it's really weird how often this happens......

How is this an illegal play?

I actually came down to the comments to bemoan the including of Flesh // Blood here.  I have been using it in my G Devotion deck and my R Devotion deck as a win card.  Doublestrike and Lure are each potential finishers depending on the board state, but together they're nasty.  Particularly liked it because I hadn't seen anyone else use it yet.

blackfair wrote:

Attack with Scavenging Ooze, opponent does not block

Activate bloodrush ability of first Ghor-Clan Rampager (Ooze is 6/6 after it resolves)

Activate bloodrush ability of second Ghor-Clan Rampager (Ooze is 10/10 after it resolves, opponent is hit for 10)

Cast the Blood half of Flesh // Blood during your second main phase, dealing 10 more damage

Did you think the spell was being fused?

My EDH decks:

Erebos ()

Damia ()

Ghave ()

Sliver Overlord ()

Why is it so hard for these link to go to the right threads?  This thread is 5 months old.  The development one for tiday is 6 months old.