4/2/2008 TtM: "The Shadowy Pendulum"

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Taste the Magic, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
This card makes me sad because it blows Tolsimir Wolfblood, a card that I really liked, completely out of the water in every way.
This card continues the trend of Morningtide rare creatures with absurd stats for their mana and additional powers. It seems like every creature they preview is suppose to evoke reactions of "Wow, this guy is insane" or "I don't like the power, but at least the numbers are crazy". (3/5 treefolk for 4, 3/1 flyer for 1UU, Countryside Crusher, etc) I think it's pretty weak to lean on great stats for splash value over and over again, and it's a rather inelegant way of forcing cards into constructed.

Guild mana is a pretty big hoodwinking. It's closer to colorless mana than regular mana, but they are powered like gold cards! :/
Given GR Goblins and GW Elves, I was hoping we could finish the Lorwyn cycle of dual lands. Kithkin could be BW... although I don't know where GU and RU would come from.

This guy is not strictly superior to Tolsimir, Wolfblood (no Voja), but he is close. Probably undercosted a bit. R&D, if you discover that your aggressive creature removal has made it difficult to play creatures that cost more than four, the appropriate response is not to top out the mana curve at four no matter how powerful a creature is, it's to weaken the removal.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...
This card makes me sad because it blows Tolsimir Wolfblood, a card that I really liked, completely out of the water in every way.

this.

well, more the reference to Tolsi and how this isn't that interesting.

also, Wilt-Leaf?

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

I hate Shadowmoor's flavor.

I really really really hate it. I hate it so much, I would gleefully take one kick in the ********* every second for a week if I could wipe Shadowmoor from existance at the end of that week.

I liked Lorwyn. Nothing was wrong with Lorwyn. It demonstrated that even an idyllic plane could have conflict, and tension, and be interesting. It proved that a set doesn't have to be doom-and-gloom, the-end-is-nigh drollness in order to be suitable for a Magic: the Gathering expansion.

And then Shadowmoor came, and screwed everything up. More doom and gloom. More the end is nigh. More of the same generic, boring crap I can get anywhere else. The clever, silver-tongued merrow become feral savages. The wise treefolk become twisted and bitter. And the flamekin, my beloved, radiant flamekin, by far my favorite race in Lorwyn, become burnt-out shells.

So, answer me this: Why can't a Magic: the Gathering setting start as a relatively nice, decent place to live... and then stay that way?

EDIT: Wow. The board censors *********. Despite it being the medical term for that particular part of the body.
I really hate the preview card.

It's a Dodecapod that pumps elves.

It's not exciting, because the big stats make games more linear and less interactive. Less fun.

Now all you have to do is play 4 Imperious Perfect, 4 Elvish Champion, 4 Wiltleaf guy, 4 llanowar elves, 4 Boreal Druid, 4 Coat of Arms and you have a stupid constructed deck. Gaea's Anthem doesn't even make the cut because it's not strong enough (it can't attack).

He's the last 'give all elves +1/+1' card in a boring cycle. It's like it's doesn't matter which creature type you play, but you have to play creatures, and hey, they're all muscle slivers now! Oh wait, they don't help the opponent, so blowouts are easier. It does happen to pump your treetop villages; what a plus.

It's like I'm playing some other game that isn't magic and requires no thought at all. It's a really bad thing when MTG reminds me of yu-gi-oh.
This card continues the trend of Morningtide rare creatures with absurd stats for their mana and additional powers. It seems like every creature they preview is suppose to evoke reactions of "Wow, this guy is insane" or "I don't like the power, but at least the numbers are crazy". (3/5 treefolk for 4, 3/1 flyer for 1UU, Countryside Crusher, etc) I think it's pretty weak to lean on great stats for splash value over and over again, and it's a rather inelegant way of forcing cards into constructed.

Guild mana is a pretty big hoodwinking. It's closer to colorless mana than regular mana, but they are powered like gold cards! :/

I would go as far as to say it's been power creep since Kamigawa. Kamigawa had generally lower power level than Ravnica, had lower power level than time spiral, had lower power level than Lorwyn. It would be nice if, instead of an Urza's Saga / Mirrodin followed by another Homelands / Kamigawa, we could stabilize the power level. It seems to me like standard is much faster than I like it to be these days.
Tarmogoyf and now this? I thought R&D were evolved beyond powercreep. Come on guys...

EDIT: What Arkanin said.

Double Edit: Whimsicality is nice and all, but Lorwyn was just a little too boring to me. The setting was fine, but the art sucked and that's what really makes a set for me. Plus I still hate kithkin. Dumb April fool's jokes aside, I want more pirates! Mercadian Masques = BEST SET EVAR!!11!! (Art wise) And you're never going to see cool dudes like Squallmonger again because of the effin Race-Class model. Rant Rant Rant...
As a bonus, the Liege comes with an extra ability that makes it counterproductive to Thoughtseize or Mind Shatter it from your hand. Discard? Schmiscard.

Anything that kicks Thoughtseize in the face gets a THUMBS UP.

I wanted a wish target for my Golden Wish. Good job.

Why isn't it legendary?

Oh, well, time to max out:-)

(And unlike the beast/Tarmogoyf, I can tutor for this guy. Nice. Wicked nice.)
So can anyone tell me why hybrid gets more powerful cards than monocolor or gold? It was the same with Ravnica too.
Hmmm... while I am looking forward to Shadowmoor, I gotta agree that this card, and a past couple few do trouble me greatly. As someone said, they're powered like gold cards but cost more like artifacts. I am also saddened by the fact that it's a rehash of Tolsimir. This is what I mean by "I don't like my cards being obsoleted quickly."
Tolsimir Wolfblood is far better - he doesn't die to Kiku, Night's Shadow! Plus he's a warrior, so gets pumped by Bramblewood Paragon in addition to the Liege, Imperious Perfect and Elvish Champion. He also activates Obsidian Battleaxe, to pump him even further and add haste for instant Voja action!

Seriously though, triple W/G in the cost is a very heavy colour commitment. You could play this guy in G/B Elves, but he then costs 1GGG and you only get half the benefit. Hybrid is a clever way to force 2 colour decks, but even then you need a high percentage of coloured-mana generating lands.

The power level isn't that high here - 4/4 for 4 is typical in green. His abilities are only relevant when you have multiple creatures in play, which encourages you to play into a situation where WoG/Damnation will blow you out. It's a solid card, but the sky is definitely still up there...
...Wait, does this mean the Shadowmoor Fatpack will NOT come with the book packaged in? Or does this just mean they are trying to squeeze whatever profits they can before the release?
Guess what? Safehold, from the style guide, comes up 6 times in the Orb. It sounds like it could be a mechanic, like hideaway or something.

Love the preview card, it fits perfectly in my deck. And no, it's not overpowered.
Not happy about power creep.

I do like the Aven Brigardier-style double-pumping, but the card overall seems too powerful.

I like the reconcepting of the elves as the guardians of beauty, but... they're still elves, and elves in Magic are just really overdone. (I like elves in other contexts, but in Magic they're just boring and overly-strong, effects which Imperious Perfect does not help one jot.)

I'm also a bit disappointed at the doom-and-gloom. I liked Lorwyn's sunniness.
*clears of whipmering whineing dust off of shirt*

this card is great. let me tell you, buy your packmasters now, before they become too expensive.

on another note: instead of complaining how this guy craps on your old favs, or is sooooo powerful and destroying powercreep's philosiphies, think like ACUAL MAGIC PLAYERS and say "wow i want that in my deck!" stop naysaying just because it's so good and play it! it's magic people! be glad that elf deck has a new tool! Huzzah!

-J
The only thing I can think of is that creature kill is going to be rampant in Shadowmoor (with LOTS of -1/-1 shenanigans), as in a typical environment I would definitely call this over powered. Coming down at turn 4 it'll break any sort of developing stalemate and as a 4/4 (6/6 if you just play another one)
It's going to be a huge pain to get rid of unless you playing 'destroy target creature' or 'remove target creature from the game'. That may be a dumb point to make, (and not to whine) but on the casual level I do weird, crazy things like build a deck with cards that I think are fun to play and then squeeze in 4 or 5 'deal with problem' cards (like creature kills, and disenchants). Those kind of one-for-one cards don't do a thing against decks full of snowball cards like this. I would like to point out that noone puts in Terror all atwitter because their FAVORITE part of playing Magic is 'destroy target nonblack, nonartifact creature. It can't be regenerated.' People put those cards in so they can make calculated trades and play their other cards.)

As said before, environment themes like the -1/-1 counters may make a key difference in the actual power level of this card, but when I see all upside snowball cards I think back to those times when I try to play smart, but the removal runs dry, and I get stomped regardless; I groan and wonder why if sweeping cards like Wrath of God are required, they aren't put into theme decks.
Makes your 'Goyf bigger.

And don't worry about Tolsimir Wolfblood. You play these guys together, and then pump out a Voja token. :D

THIS = 6/6
Tolsimir = 5/6
Voja = 6/6

Hurray! ;) :P
on another note: instead of complaining how this guy craps on your old favs, or is sooooo powerful and destroying powercreep's philosiphies, think like ACUAL MAGIC PLAYERS and say "wow i want that in my deck!" stop naysaying just because it's so good and play it! it's magic people! be glad that elf deck has a new tool! Huzzah!

I refuse to do that, for several reasons.

One, as I mentioned above, I hate elf decks.

Two, more seriously: Avoiding power creep is important. R&D have pointed this out several times on this website. It's a key point in spreading the game: being able to tell people that Wizards won't keep printing cards that are better than the cards they might buy now is important.

I'm thinking like a Magic player, but a thinking Magic player, who cares about the game's long-term future, not just "Hey, ub3rp0w3rful card!"

This card's only good point is its hybridness. If I get one, I can use it as a Crusade on legs (quite substantial legs), and try to ignore the green elfness. But I won't be able to ignore it if I play against ObviousLinearElves.dec. Thankfully, I don't actually see many elf decks in MTGO or offline.
So can anyone tell me why hybrid gets more powerful cards than monocolor or gold? It was the same with Ravnica too.

I think they're costed wrong, and I hope Devin addresses it one of these days. 1WWG for this would still be cheap. Hybrid is cheaper & less restrictive than multicolor, so you should get less for the same CMC, not more.

As for the flavor, I'm a little sad to say goodbye to Llorwyn proper. A happy, sunny plane is so rare. Now it's back to "death and destruction everywhere, as usual." The difference between Shadowmoor and every other calamitous block see pretty minor.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Lorwyn was lame.

Shadowmoor looks awesome.

Nobody played Tolsimir Wolfblood.

Hybrid is far less linear a theme than tribal.
I liked Lorwyn. Nothing was wrong with Lorwyn. It demonstrated that even an idyllic plane could have conflict, and tension, and be interesting. It proved that a set doesn't have to be doom-and-gloom, the-end-is-nigh drollness in order to be suitable for a Magic: the Gathering expansion.

Agreed. I don't dislike Shadowmoor, but I dislike the idea of Shadowmoor as an expression of "finally, we can get back to real Magic" when compared to Lorwyn. I don't like what that does to Lorwyn in retrospect.

I don't dislike Shadowmoor's flavor as a set. From what I've seen so far, Wizards had done some good things (I particularly like seeing the hideaway creatures revealed, and I love the Flamekin in their new Terminator-esque modes).

But at the same time, I agree that Lorwyn was a great example of how to build a set that's not all drama and apocalypse and disaster. The world wasn't going to be destroyed and didn't need to be saved (in the overall flavor perspective, disregarding what actually happened ).

I liked the Lorwyn ability to have well-done flavor with cards like Noggin Whack. I didn't find that embarrassing or childish; I thought it was an example of Creative doing their usual good job of minding every detail, in a competent and engaging manner. (Really, if you think that one set of names on the little paper trading cards you are playing with is more embarrassing than another set of names, you have pretty lenient tormentors .) The Lorwyn flavor experiment seems to have been abandoned in the middle, right when it was getting interesting.

By using Lorwyn only as a setup, a straight man, a straw man, Wizards has really shortchanged what Lorwyn could've been. Now this combination of two blocks is just like every other block, except that the "recovery from disaster" part of the story was told first, and the disaster second. From an overall story arc perspective, I think Wizards took the easy way out on this one.
The cries of "power creep" amuse me because this card isn't even that powerful. Crusade/Anthem effects are inherently limited by the effectiveness of the swarm strategy in general - and it's almost always bad. They need to push the power on such cards if they want them to actually see play. I mean, it's a good thing that this card makes Tolsimir Wolfblood basically obsolete. Tolsimir Wolfblood was a weak card.
The cries of "power creep" amuse me because this card isn't even that powerful.

Start with a 4/4 for 4 and then add bonuses. That's the power creep they are talking about.

I don't think it is too much creep, if it is even creeping at all. Compare this to Loxodon Hierarch. Both are 4/4's for 4 that add two bonuses, while the elephant was better at combating red mages this one is more geared to fighting black mages. They kind of parallel each other, although I see THIS as more Johnnyable.
I'm glad i play super-casual, where no one is likely to have more than one or two of these guys. My inner timmy says it's cool, but i am getting worried about power creep. I just hope that Alara doesn't turn into the next Kamigawa (which had excellent flavor, by the way. Too bad half the cards were unplayable) If we could just stay at a power level somewhere around Ravnica and Time Spiral, with a little bit of Lorwyn at rare, i would be happy.

EDIT: love that art, though. I wish it had some cool flavor text as well.
The only thing I can think of is that creature kill is going to be rampant in Shadowmoor (with LOTS of -1/-1 shenanigans), as in a typical environment I would definitely call this over powered. Coming down at turn 4 it'll break any sort of developing stalemate and as a 4/4 (6/6 if you just play another one)
It's going to be a huge pain to get rid of unless you playing 'destroy target creature' or 'remove target creature from the game'. That may be a dumb point to make, (and not to whine) but on the casual level I do weird, crazy things like build a deck with cards that I think are fun to play and then squeeze in 4 or 5 'deal with problem' cards (like creature kills, and disenchants). Those kind of one-for-one cards don't do a thing against decks full of snowball cards like this. I would like to point out that noone puts in Terror all atwitter because their FAVORITE part of playing Magic is 'destroy target nonblack, nonartifact creature. It can't be regenerated.' People put those cards in so they can make calculated trades and play their other cards.)

As said before, environment themes like the -1/-1 counters may make a key difference in the actual power level of this card, but when I see all upside snowball cards I think back to those times when I try to play smart, but the removal runs dry, and I get stomped regardless; I groan and wonder why if sweeping cards like Wrath of God are required, they aren't put into theme decks.

The problem is that this card won't be living just in the context of Shadowmoor. It has to live with all the other cards printed past and future as well. For an old school casual gamer like me, who's favorite combo to play is Saber Ants + Dragon Scales, this is bad news.

Now, on it's own, this card is probably no crazier than a Loxodon Hierarch, but it's a preview card, a card supposed to be indicative of the set. That, and they've also previewed Demigod of Revenge, and you can see why people are angry. Who knows? these may be the exceptions, but you don't preview with exceptions, as a rule.

The ONE question R&D must ask themselves about every card they make, imo is, "If this card cost more, would people still play it?" and it seems tike they're wholeheartedly ignoring it because, to me, the answer here is yes. (The answer for Tarmogoyf is a definite yes.) If they follow this rule, the only thing they'll have to worry about in the future is printing more cards that make dredge better.
I don't think that you can call it power creep when the cards that you are referring to are underpowered. Tolisimir wasn't heavily played during Ravinica because he simply wasn't worth it. Power creep is when you take a tier one card and make it better. A drastic example would be to print a new cycle of the moxen where each card produced two of their respective colours. Those would be doubling the power of already broken cards.

Wilt-leaf liege however is simply following the current trend of printing 4/4s for 4 that have relevant abilities. The Hierarch is a good example of this as was said earlier.

One thing that surprised me about the whole Lorwyn/ shadowmoor block was that they didn't do each set as a different season. That was what I was hoping that they would do. This would have been really sweet had they done fall in October winter in January spiring in May and summer in July. Four sets where the flavour and settings gradually changed and then came back full circle would have been very interesting. You still would have had the opposite world feel as we do here.

One of the big things is that shadowmoor appears to be less doomy and just plain old gloomy. No big OMG the world is going to blow up we have to save it NOW, just the night to Lorywn's day.
The ONE question R&D must ask themselves about every card they make, imo is, "If this card cost more, would people still play it?" and it seems tike they're wholeheartedly ignoring it because, to me, the answer here is yes. (The answer for Tarmogoyf is a definite yes.) If they follow this rule, the only thing they'll have to worry about in the future is printing more cards that make dredge better.

The thing you have to realise about Goyf is that he is a sleeper and really is just meant to be a cute card. Look up the other Goyf's in gather. If they had given ol' Tarmy a higher casting cost then he would certainly gotten trample or some other french vanilla creature ability which might make matters worse and not better. But on paper Tarmy is much worse than Terravore, since at best tarmy is an 8/9 vanilla creature for two, while Terravore's doesn't have a strict max power/toughness (so it can in theory be any size) has trample and costs 3. So in a vacuum it looks like Tarmy he is fair and it looks like you have to jump through some hoops to break him more hoops than all the other goyfs. It's just that in reality that these hoops are jumped through anyway. But yeah Tarmy is scary good he just doesn't look that way until you've played against him for a while.
...Wait, does this mean the Shadowmoor Fatpack will NOT come with the book packaged in? Or does this just mean they are trying to squeeze whatever profits they can before the release?

The Shadowmoor Fatpack will contain the Shadowmoor Anthology book.

For the past several years, WotC has always first released the Magic novels by themselves about a month before the set comes out. It is done this way to spark interest in the upcoming set and to allow buyers who don't want an entire fatpack to buy just the book.

Hope this helps!
I refuse to do that, for several reasons.

One, as I mentioned above, I hate elf decks.

Two, more seriously: Avoiding power creep is important. R&D have pointed this out several times on this website. It's a key point in spreading the game: being able to tell people that Wizards won't keep printing cards that are better than the cards they might buy now is important.

I'm thinking like a Magic player, but a thinking Magic player, who cares about the game's long-term future, not just "Hey, ub3rp0w3rful card!"

This card's only good point is its hybridness. If I get one, I can use it as a Crusade on legs (quite substantial legs), and try to ignore the green elfness. But I won't be able to ignore it if I play against ObviousLinearElves.dec. Thankfully, I don't actually see many elf decks in MTGO or offline.

Another guy who care about the game . You know man, people like you are seen everyday in this game. In fact all they do is complain about everything this game has to offer. You know what would be a good thing to help the game? Just play it and STFU ;) !

There is people that are paid to think about the long term future of this game and since then they are doing well. This card is cool! It's not because you don't like tribal that you have to ruin the fun for others people. And this goes for all the people complaining about power creep. Wait before saying that it is power creep.
Being a flavor column I thought this would be a good place for this comment...

I finally this afternoon figured out what it is about Lorwyn/Shadowmoor that I don't love. This should have been my favorite block flavorwise. I love Changeling the Dreaming, Charles DeLint novels, Neil Gaiman's stories, the list goes on. Here, Wizards was finally going to take on faerie stories and I was looking forward to it. When it came out, I kept feeling like they almost got it, but not quite.

The thing about the tone of the original tales is that they were light and whimsical and dark and foreboding at the same time. Splitting it in half removes some of the mythological subtext that gives the tales weight. I realize that is a lot harder to pull off silly and horrifying simultaneously. Maybe I'm expecting too much from a card game, but a little bit of C.G. Jung and some of Tolkien's "On Faerie Stories" would have benefitted the fantasy flavor a lot.
I don't think it is too much creep, if it is even creeping at all. Compare this to Loxodon Hierarch. Both are 4/4's for 4 that add two bonuses, while the elephant was better at combating red mages this one is more geared to fighting black mages. They kind of parallel each other, although I see THIS as more Johnnyable.

Supposedly, a 4/4 for was "too good" several years ago, by the printing of Ravenous Baloth. From there, R&D started allowing 4/4's for at easier to acquire levels, even at easier to acquire rarities, though with occassional drawbacks, as in Kami of the Tended Garden, but then decided a 4/4 for witha bonus could be available at uncommon, with Sporesower Thallid. Now, we get them fairly easy, and should, but once a block or so. Green has needed these creatures, and be consistent, because right now, the best green creature in standard and extended and even further is merely a reason to SPLASH green, rather than dedicate to playing the color MAIN. Treefolk were enabled by Doran, the Siege Tower, but people avoided playing treefolk with it, using it merely as a 5/5 for .
think like ACUAL MAGIC PLAYERS and say "wow i want that in my deck!" stop naysaying just because it's so good and play it! it's magic people! be glad that elf deck has a new tool! Huzzah!

I think you mean, the Magic Player that enjoys winning more than playing... I don't play elves (or goblins for that matter) anymore simply because they so easily take all of the playing out of the game and turn it into a one-sided slapfest. That's just not fun for me or my opponent, in my opinion.
Supposedly, a 4/4 for was "too good" several years ago, by the printing of Ravenous Baloth. From there, R&D started allowing 4/4's for at easier to acquire levels, even at easier to acquire rarities, though with occassional drawbacks, as in Kami of the Tended Garden, but then decided a 4/4 for witha bonus could be available at uncommon, with Sporesower Thallid. Now, we get them fairly easy, and should, but once a block or so. Green has needed these creatures, and be consistent, because right now, the best green creature in standard and extended and even further is merely a reason to SPLASH green, rather than dedicate to playing the color MAIN. Treefolk were enabled by Doran, the Siege Tower, but people avoided playing treefolk with it, using it merely as a 5/5 for .

Doran, though, requires 3 colors. The Liege, technically only requires half a color. I don't think we've ever seen an all upside 4/4 for 4 before on a card that doesn't require green to cast.
It's a card for Spike/Timmy hybrids; not that bad of a thing. With all the anti-creature cards out there nowadays, you have to push the curve for critters.
I don't think we've ever seen an all upside 4/4 for 4 before on a card that doesn't require green to cast.

We've never seen a 3/4 vigilant three-drop that didn't require to cast either, but that's coming too.

At uncommon, no less.

Also, Brion Stoutarm nearly meets your criteria, although I guess his Legendary status could count against him (especially when compared to the Liege here). The same applies to Mishra, Artificer Prodigy.
Lorwyn was lame.

Shadowmoor looks awesome.

Nobody played Tolsimir Wolfblood.

Hybrid is far less linear a theme than tribal.

We have like minds, except I would have taken two pages to say what you just said. Good show.
As a Zoo player, I'm always looking for cheap, powerful, legal extended creatures. I've been lacking a lot of white, mostly because of how expensive Isamaru is.

Is any other Zoo player out there excited for the 3 mana 3/4 vigilance Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers? I know I am!!!