CC&E Requests

This thread exists so that users may make suggestions and requests on anything that concerns this forum, as well as anything that concerns community activities. This thread may also be used to request prize support for contests and events across the communities.

As prize requests and other important issues come in, I'll try to keep this post updated to make it easier on users wondering about the status of their requests.

4 Card Magic Modern: Inter-Community Challenge

I'm helping organize the UnCon events for the Avalon Hill games. So far, I've got:
-a miniatures painting contest judged by panzerpainter (no prizes yet)

-a custom card design contest judged by Sharpe who is offering a prize copy of his Sharpedia custom card collection (more than 1,000 new units!)

-a terrain/hex design contest judged by HBF who is offering copies of his new maps as a prize

-a scenario design contest judged by Grenzewolf (no prize)

-a board game tournament (no prize)

Some of the judges have offered prizes, I am not sure if they are sufficent on their own or if they should be supplemented with WotC products or possible CA/CTs.
Is there a possibility of WotC product prizes for UnCon contests?
Is there a possibility of WotC product prizes for UnCon contests?

Yes, a very, very strong possibility. :D
Gleemax Roleplaying - An all inclusive freeform roleplay. Build characters, armies, and bases from any source material imaginable to enter into epic wars and deadly battles.
Check out the other PbP games around:
Real AdventuresPbP HavenThe Guild House
Garic's CityMap of the PlanesCOre COliseum
Castle of FunTerisia City and Fan FictionD20 Modern
Coalition War GameParanoia ParadiseMagic Puzzles, Fun, & Games!
I concur. We're expecting everything from packs to miniatures to original art. The distribution of these, however, is something that still needs further discussing. As much as we'd like to, not every contest can have product prizes.
I concur. We're expecting everything from packs to miniatures to original art. The distribution of these, however, is something that still needs further discussing. As much as we'd like to, not every contest can have product prizes.

Well, I'm already going to be shpping out the artist sketches for the Pete Venters Sketchathon, and I'd prefer not to be mailing everything like that.
Gleemax Roleplaying - An all inclusive freeform roleplay. Build characters, armies, and bases from any source material imaginable to enter into epic wars and deadly battles.
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=16992888&posted=1#post16992888

blood77 has won an avatar from the Anagram Contest.
On a side note, I still think that contest organizers/runners should get some sort of reward as well.
[thread=1098213]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

Kulrath_Knight has won a CA.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
[thread=1098613]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

spandyrules has won a CA.

EDIT: [thread=1098610]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

Harbinger5 has won a CA.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
[thread=1099333]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

Xero_2285 has won a CA.
---
[thread=1099332]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

Ko_ has won a CA.
---
[thread=1099236]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

Riorvard has won a CA.

GW

[thread=1099661]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

xion_black has won a CA.

GW

All current requests have been sent in for review. Prizewinners should get their stuff sometime next week.
tgva8889 has won the Make It Small UnCon contest. I have no idea what prizes s/he receives for this, although I note that s/he doesn't currently have a CA or CT. If a CT is an option, and I can choose, I think I like the title "The Smallest of the All." However, the standard "Uncon Prizewinner" tag is also fine--i don't know if that's the same thing as a CT or not.
All is forgotten in the stone halls of the dead. These are the rooms of ruin where the spiders spin and the great circuits fall quiet, one by one.
After many days of mind-breaking puzzling, Eykir has solved my [THREAD=1097711]MTGO Uncon Puzzle[/THREAD]!

I would like to request some prize support for him, a CA at the least.
[thread=1099662]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

Dr_Kraid has won a CA.

GW

[thread=1099742]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

Stigma_Lasher has won a CA.
--
[thread=1099744]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

BalanceOnTheAbyss has won a CA.
--
[thread=1099740]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

InsulterofProblems has won a CA.
--
[thread=1100046]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

Clem_Da_Squiggoth has won a CA.
--
[thread=1100047]Magic Art Ambush[/thread]

Detektor has won.... But he already has a CA, so does he get a CT?

GW

You Make the Format!
Jyalt received first place.
Lim Dul's Apprentice received second place.
Ko_ received third place.

The contest received 15 applicants, one of which was disqualified. There were a couple of very lengthy formatt descriptions, showing that some people put a lot of thought into their submission. I think it was quite successful.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
CeltIberian wins the AAM minis painting contest:
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=17032544#post17032544

I'd also like to give the judge, panzerpainter, a token of thanks.

CeltIberian's mailing address is:
2970 Lafayette Road, Lafayette, NY 13084.
Deenreka has won the "Wild Speculator" CT from my Wild Speculation contest.
For Stump the judge. http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1098306

Feigel and NereusRen have won CAs.
Level 2 Magic Judge Lite a man a fire, warm him for a day. Light a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Uncon Prize Request

ZeroFusion has successfully solved all puzzles in Uncon Puzzling and won a prize. A CA would be appropriate.

Ultimately I feel the game went quite well, it lasted exactly as long as I wanted it to last (it ended on the last day) so I am quite happy.
Magic Puzzles, Fun, & Games! Looking for an opponent for a game of Magic? Want to start a game relating to Magic? Maybe try a puzzle or 2? Come check out MPFG, our doors are always open.
Paranoia ParadisePbP HavenThe Guild House
Garic's CityMap of the PlanesD20 Modern
Castle of FunTerisia City and Fan FictionGleemax Roleplaying
Coalition War GameReal AdventuresThe COre COliseum
nobodez_here won first place and gets a CT along with the uncon prize winner thingy

j0lt came in second and won a CA along with the uncon prize thingy

and
Master_Vega came in thrid and gets the uncon prize badge

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1097621

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls
UNCON PRIZE REQUEST

My contest, Complete the flavor, has ended. Artvandelay won. Either a CT or CA would be fine.

Overview: This contest turned out well. We had 8 stories that were in many diffrent styles. I'll likely run this contest again next year (with a few changes and a longer polling time).
… and then, the squirrels came.
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=17039158#post17039158

Sindor is the winner of the AAM custom card design contest.

His mailing address is:
Mr. Jan Licka
Hnezdenska 735/6
18100 Prague 8
Czech Republic, E.U.
UnCon Prize Request

The Shards of Alara Designer Chat, held on Wednesday, awarded door prize handouts to the following users; an email address the user said they check is listed after each name.

Riorvard - [email]tlima1000@hotmail.com[/email]
Veslfen - [email]Comicboy12813@comcast.net[/email]
Pegaweb - [email]daniel@pegaweb.com[/email]
avatarofwoe - [email]Aowbackup@yahoo.com[/email]
IronMagus - [email]bwh79@comcast.net[/email]
enigmata - [email]bls42@pitt.edu[/email]
Newbunkle - [email]newbunkle@hotmail.co.uk[/email]
kreewlin - [email]zomgxentis@gmail.com[/email]
tgva8889 - [email]tgv8889@yahoo.com[/email]
Rauthiss - [email]jacarath@gmail.com[/email]

Prizes should consist of a Magic-related physical prize and a CA.
Pegaweb already has a CA, so he requested that instead of the CA he be given a custom title--please give him the title "Ceci n'est pas une porte"

The following users helped with the chat in some way and I was told to include them in this list:

zammm - [email]griftermage@gmail.com[/email]
Gardevior - [email]gardevior@gmail.com[/email]
Shining_Demon - [email]fireball1.5@hotmail.com[/email]
Insulter_of_Problems - [email]carados@gmail.com[/email]

The chat went extremely well; even without any advertising on Magicthegathering.com we pulled in over seventy people to watch the chat, and over fifty were chatting in the peanut gallery while it was going on. We've received numerous compliments about how awesome it was, so this is definitely something we'll want to do again.

The announcement thread for the chat, and its transcript, can be found here.
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1096988
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1098926

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

UnCon Prize Request

[thread=1097771]Magic Sudoku[/thread] contest, held in MPFG, has just concluded. The following users won Custom Avatars:

Q_is_564453
DragonsWrath
Cloudpost
Jactari
Benjerman
Shazzeh
Reylance

DragonsWrath also won an additional physical prize for solving the most puzzles out of all contestants; the prize should be Magic-related.

Sudoku went moderately well; after a rough start with few submissions since nobody knew how to solve the puzzles, things smoothed out on the second day once I explained the method, and the number of submissions stabilized. All in all, it went well, but next time I really need to prepare the puzzles in advance so I don't go crazy making them on a daily basis.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

UnCon prize request

Reylance won the "You Fix the Cycle" contest in Magic General:

Here

If possible, I'd like him to get a CA and a CT of his own choosing. It was an awesome and well-received contest, and whatever else you could offer him is great too.

Thanks very much.
Good news. I've just received the official list of swag that CM wants to give away and it's bountiful. So, more contests than I initially thought will be getting product prizes.

:D
Good news. I've just received the official list of swag that CM wants to give away and it's bountiful. So, more contests than I initially thought will be getting product prizes.

:D

awesome,i hope that helps my contest...but i doubt it

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls
Sign In to post comments