Trouble Accessing our Help System? Post here.

1786 posts / 0 new
Last post

If you are experiencing difficulties contacting us via the help site, please try logging out, clearing your cookies and temporary internet files, and log back in.

Most problems can be fixed with this simple solution. If this does not work for you, please post the details of your help system issue here, and either a response post will be made here or you will be contacted by email within 48 hours. From there we will work with you to get the problem identified and corrected so that you can use the help site.

OK - I have read the forums and have taken all the advise of people to try and cancel my account. I have been trying for 3 days.

I have tried the accounts system on 3 seperate browers on 3 seperate OS on 2 different computers in 2 different locations of the UK. Still a cycle of errors.

So, I have ruled the fact that it is my computer or settings. I have called the number 3 times from the UK to be left on hold.

There appears to be no contactable email addresses or any simple contact us forms - does anyone have any other suggestions as this is going to end up costing me more than a damn years subscription.

Kind regards
This is not funny anymore.

Any of the links provided end up with a technical error page. That includes, the autorenewal cancellation form and accessing the help page once it has asked for my security details. Clicking the E-Mail us tab leads me to my account details page. The Wizards help system link comes back with the same error message.

Anyone else really cheesed off with this runaround?
Is there a direct customer service email link availible? I need to cancel my subscription (which I have been more than happy with) as I've fallen on hard times. I've tried 4 different computers, 3 different ISPs, 3 different programs (IE, Opera, Firefox) and had no success whatsoever.

I've deleted my billing credit card info and tried to cancel my gleemax account as a precautionary measure. Still everything comes up as an error. I cannot turn off auto-renewel, and it is going to cause me financial problems.

If ORCS are worried about email spam, could you please send me a private message. The help system is broken, and the contact email sends me into a continual loop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the replies.

The error I am getting is the 'Technical Problem close browser and try again'.

I have tried it with several browsers and it has the same error. I have followed all the technical advice step by step.

I am quite certain now that this is a server side issue as it appears to be multiple OS's multiple browers's diffrernt manchines and ISP's.

As a temp measure I have contacted my bank and asked that any transactions from them be stopped. This they have assured me does not breach any contract or TOC as they do not provide me with a current option to cancel.

Don't know what more I can do now...
Same issue.

I have tried over the past 5 days to call customer service (2 to three calls a day). No one ever picks up. They do not advertise any holiday hours either. You just wait on hold 14-15 minutes, after witch it seems you get automatically hung up on (tried from a land line as well as a cell phone).

This is starting to get ridiculous. I'm betting tomorrow, after they bill the month to month users for another month, it suddenly 'works'. Very unhappy with DDI...
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties with our help site.

We've emailed Matrisvis, Fayette, Tezzer, and Matagon to help resolve your issues accessing the help site. Please check your emails and respond, and we will find a solution for you.
Thanks again for the responses, I'm still having problems like Tezzer and Faytte. Calling customer service wasn't really an option as I'm in Australia and away from home for new year's eve (went off with a blast :D )

ORC_Kovacs, is it possible for you to send the link/message to my private mailbox and not my normal email account. I can't access it right now since I'm away.

Happy new year to all
ORC_Kovacs, is it possible for you to send the link/message to my private mailbox and not my normal email account. I can't access it right now since I'm away.

Unfortunately, I really need you to reply to the mail. It's almost a given in these situations that we will end up at a point where your password needs to be reset, and we can only send this to your email of record. The fact that some people may not have access to their emails due to travel right now is one of the reasons we're touching base with everyone - otherwise you wouldn't be able to post anywhere, even if we fixed your problem.

I'm not sure if i received the email. I noticed you mispelled my user name, so maybe that is why.

I did submit an email manually for this and was given incident number : 081231-000121

Not sure if that helps. This issue "technical error has occured, etc etc" is still occurring.

081231-000121 - This is the email I sent out to you I need you to reply to it please, and we can work on getting this solved.

in case anyone wants to talk to cs via direct email, this is their address:

[email]wizardscusthelp@wizards.com[/email]

While technically this does get an email to us, I do not recommend anyone try using it. Since this email has been posted a fair bit, a 'blind' email sent to this address is very likely to be caught by our spam filters. This isn't a problem when you reply to us, though.
Goto https://accounts.gleemax.com/.

On that page (being logged in with your D&Di account) click the "Wizards Help System" link which will take you to the knowledge base. (If that doesn't work use this link: Customer Support System.)

When I click on the "Wizards Help System" link I end up at https://accounts.gleemax.com/UserRegistration/MessageForm.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Help/RightNow.aspx
When I click on the "Wizards Help System" link I end up at https://accounts.gleemax.com/UserRegistration/MessageForm.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Help/RightNow.aspx

Graht, we've sent you an email. If clearing your cookies and temporary internet files doesn't work for you now, please reply to it and we'll find a solution.
Just wanted to add my two cents here as well. I can't get to the email screen either each time I try (whilst being logged in) I get the "A technical error has occurred. Please close your browser and try again." message. Tried it on multiple machines and with current versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox.

God help anyone (like the OP) who actually needs to contact Wizards about a problem...

Cheers!
Wollstonecraft
Wollstonecraft, we've sent you an email. If clearing your cookies and temporary internet files doesn't work for you now, please reply to it and we'll find a solution.
Hi,
I'm sorry you are having troubles. I'm not sure when you were calling, but the phones were closed from Dec 23rd through Dec 25th. They are also always closed on weekends.

Phone support is available 9am-6pm Pacific time Monday-Friday.at 1-800-324-6496. (or internationally: (International Access Code) + 425-204-8069. Note: if you don't know your International Access Code, you would need to find out from your local information.

Here is a link to the KB article explaining a few things you can try if you are having issues with the "email us" tab.

http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=501

I hope these things help.
Here it is quoted below:
If you are encountering difficulties with the age verification system or if you are having trouble accessing the E-mail Us Tab for some other reason, be sure that your system meets the following minimum requirements:

Security Setting: Cookies Enabled
PC - Internet Explorer 5.0 - 6.0 or Netscape 4.78 - 7.0
Mac - Internet Explorer 5.1+ (OS 9) 5.2+ (OS X), or Netscape 7.0, or Safari 1.0 (OS X)

When changing security or Internet settings with your browser, be sure to restart your browser application and you may have to restart your entire computer system for the changes to take affect.

Hi there,
I feel his frustration, I have tried all of the stuff on the web site link and non of it worked at all. as a matter of fact my order information under my profile is gone!! I was smart enough to take a copy of my order information off the website so I have a copy. My other problem is that I have sent an email to customer service but it has gone unanswered.... Now when I try to send an email to customer service I get a website error.. My problem has been happening since around the 12th of December but my billing information was on the site at that time (now it is gone).

I do not want to cancel my subscription I just want it fixed, since I can get all of my stuff of the site if it gets fixed.

dragntyr
Hi,

I too am having problems cancelling my auto renew subscription to DNDI.

I've tried cookie and temp file removal and even using different pc and I keep getting the "A technical error has occurred. Please close your browser and try again." message.

When I try the "EMAIL US" tab, I just get redirected to the "Update User Information" page.

I'm getting very frustrated, and as I live in the UK, I'm (currently) reluctant in ring the supplied telephone number and it appears that all other methods of communications are broken for me. Unless someone has a snailmail address for the wizards, just I can see that getting any results before my next billing date.

Any suggestions for what I can do to cancel my subscription?
Dragntyr and Mick68, we've emailed you at your addresses of record - please respond and we will find a solution for you as soon as possible.
I'm having the exact same issues as the original poster. Still can't access the Email Us tab no matter how many different settings I use.

If WotC wasn't ready to handle cancellations of its auto-renewal then it shouldn't have offered them in first place. You're charging people money and essentially preventing them from doing anything about it.

Tried to use the form, didn't work, got billed again. Now the help and contact forms are down. Anyone have an email address or something that I can use to get this taken care of?
zelq - We've emailed you at your address of record so we can get this resolved for you. Please reply to it as needed. I'm sorry you've ran into this, but we'll find a way to correct it for you.
I'm in the same boat, I've been trying since friday to get my account canceled, before it charged me, but alas, the site isn't working and I got charged anyways. Anyone know when this issue will be resolved?
myriad, the site is working, so you're experiencing difficulty of another origin. We will email you and find a solution for you.
I'm having the exact same issues as the original poster. Still can't access the Email Us tab no matter how many different settings I use.

If WotC wasn't ready to handle cancellations of its auto-renewal then it shouldn't have offered them in first place. You're charging people money and essentially preventing them from doing anything about it.

We've emailed you at your address of record so we can find a solution for you narhasan.
If you are experiencing difficulties contacting us via the help site, please try logging out, clearing your cookies and temporary internet files, and log back in. Most problems can be fixed with this simple solution.

If this does not work for you, please post here, and you will be contacted by email within 48 hours. From there we will work with you to get the problem identified and corrected.

I would like to cancel auto renew on my D&DI subscription, but I can not access the form on the help system to contact you. So if you could please help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time,
Rayteku
I would like to cancel auto renew on my D&DI subscription, but I can not access the form on the help system to contact you. So if you could please help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time,
Rayteku

I have contacted you at your email address of record Rayteku. Please respond there so we can work out a solution as soon as possible.
Do you have issues with the forums, the website, or any game you play made by Wizards of the Coast? The Online Response Crew can help! Contact us through the Email Us form on the Customer Service Knowledge Base, using the same login as your forums account for your convenience. Having trouble accessing the Knowledge Base page? Post here and we can get it fixed.
I am unable to log onto the site to cancel my auto-renewall even after attempting what you have at the beginning of the thread. Please email me with instructions on how to cancel my auto renewal. I would like not to be charged for another month. Like the features, but starting school so not enough time to mess around with it right now. Thanx in advance for your help.
I am unable to log onto the site to cancel my auto-renewall even after attempting what you have at the beginning of the thread. Please email me with instructions on how to cancel my auto renewal. I would like not to be charged for another month. Like the features, but starting school so not enough time to mess around with it right now. Thanx in advance for your help.

Ys25, I have emailed you at your email of record to get this resolved. Please respond there so we can get this worked out as soon as we can.
Do you have issues with the forums, the website, or any game you play made by Wizards of the Coast? The Online Response Crew can help! Contact us through the Email Us form on the Customer Service Knowledge Base, using the same login as your forums account for your convenience. Having trouble accessing the Knowledge Base page? Post here and we can get it fixed.
ORC Clayben, I did not receive your email. When was it sent? I know my email address on your record is correct because I just used it to log in. Checked my Junk Email folder and it was not in there either. What else can I do?
ORC Clayben, I did not receive your email. When was it sent? I know my email address on your record is correct because I just used it to log in. Checked my Junk Email folder and it was not in there either. What else can I do?

Ys25, I have sent another email, and have private messaged you on the boards here. If this email reaches you, please reply to it, or we can start limited communication via private messaging on the boards.
Hello all.
Sorry, but as everyone else here, I just can't unsubscribe to D&Di... The thing is that I'm French, and I do not want to call your hotline as it would probably cost me more than 3 or 4 months of D&Di.

My browser's fine, and I did everything explained in the topic... Still, I can't :
- get to the unsubscribe part (technical error)
- mail you ('cause when I click on "Contact Us" I land on my profile page, without any link to mail you).

Please help me ! I would like it to be simple so I can renew my subscribtion when I need it. If I call my bank to blacklist you, I won't be able to come back after...
Hello all.
Sorry, but as everyone else here, I just can't unsubscribe to D&Di... The thing is that I'm French, and I do not want to call your hotline as it would probably cost me more than 3 or 4 months of D&Di.

My browser's fine, and I did everything explained in the topic... Still, I can't :
- get to the unsubscribe part (technical error)
- mail you ('cause when I click on "Contact Us" I land on my profile page, without any link to mail you).

Please help me ! I would like it to be simple so I can renew my subscribtion when I need it. If I call my bank to blacklist you, I won't be able to come back after...

SebsokK, I have sent you an email at your email of record so we can get this worked out. Please respond there so we can get this resolved as soon as possible.
ORC Clayben, I left you a message in the private message section. Just waiting for your reply. Thanx
ORC Clayben, I left you a message in the private message section. Just waiting for your reply. Thanx

I was waiting on messaging you until I could confirm the source of the issue is not on our end, I am testing a few things to make sure that our system is sending emails properly. Expect a reply shortly.
i am unable cancel my auto renewal through the system that is setup.
i have tried on two different computers, firefox and ie7 on each.

I want to cancel my auto renewal

contact me.
ORC Clayben,
Yea it's really wierd. Cause I've been getting the emails for the auto renewall on the account no problem. But just not getting the emails for this. Like I said i'm checking the junk email folder to just in case it got put in there, but nothing. Thanx for your help so far.
i am unable cancel my auto renewal through the system that is setup.
i have tried on two different computers, firefox and ie7 on each.

I want to cancel my auto renewal

contact me.

scifiguy2084, I attempted to send you an email at your email of record, but there was an error with our help system in the process. I have escalated your issue, and you should be getting a contact on this within the next day. I apologize for the delay.

Oh, and Ys25, I did PM you, you are in the same escalation, your issue is related to scifiguy2084's.
ORC Clayben,
Yea it's really wierd. Cause I've been getting the emails for the auto renewall on the account no problem. But just not getting the emails for this. Like I said i'm checking the junk email folder to just in case it got put in there, but nothing. Thanx for your help so far.

I'm not sure who your e-mail client is, but some of them* actually filter out some "junk" before it even reaches your inbox. For example, when the messageboard I admin recently changed hosts, we had problems with some ISPs/mail servers not delivering mail. I know Yahoo was one of them, but there were others too.

If you suspect that mail isn't being delivered, it might be worthwhile to contact your ISP and see if they can easily figure out from their end. Clayben (or any other WizO**), what's the e-mail address you're mailing from, so folks can have their ISP check for it?

* Yahoo is one client who filters before getting to you. I know there's others, but I can't recall who.

** Yes, yes. I know the name was changed to ORC. Deal with it -- I still call this forum the metaboard. :P

edit: reading is tech! Especially when said reading involves looking at the entry thread before reply. Looks like Clay has tracked down the problem already. I'll go stand over there in the corner and keep quiet...

John Ling

Lead Pathfinder Developer for Frog God Games

I pre paid for 3 months of DDI.

I just worked with Wizards CS to cancel my auto renew. However now I cant access DDI anymore? By my count i should atleast have another 1-2 months left. Can this be investigated? Do i need to call to get this resolved?
Ys25 - Your issue with our systems has been resolved. You should have a pair of emails waiting for you. Please let us know if anything doesn't seem to be working correctly.
scifiguy2084 - We've emailed you at your email of record. Please reply to it, and we'll get you taken care of. If you didn't recieve the email, please let us know.
Faytte, you should be good to go now - you'll need to check your mail again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Ok I got your emails. So it's working now. Now I just need to get an email telling me how to cancel my auto-renewal. These emails just changed my password. Thanx again