Bug Report Thread (v2)

343 posts / 0 new
Last post
As of Dec 12, 2006, this thread is meant to replace the previous one found [thread=690091]HERE[/thread].

If you posted an issue in the earlier Bug Report thread that was not answered/resolved, you are enouraged to repost it here. However, please go over the list below and make sure it isn't addressed already. Admin comments in blue.

Unaddressed Known Issues/Bugs
  • I am constantly being logged out as I surf the boards.
    If you have checked the “Remember Me” box when you log in and you still have this issue, please email [email]boards@wizards.com[/email] with the details of your problem.

• Some of my posts have “The Games I Play” icons under my screen name as long as I use the quick reply and quick edit. Once I use the full editor, the icons go a way.
    [thread=707185]We are having a devil of a time pinning this down. Please post here if you have this issue.[/thread]

• Despite going to “My Account” options and selecting "Use Forum Default" as my skin, every time I come back to the boards they revert to the Community default. Since the upgrade, even selecting "Use Forum Default" doesn't work on its own; I have to select a specific skin, then choose Forum Default for this option to work.
    [thread=705517]Please post here if you have this issue.[/thread]

• There used to be an icon that looks like the back of a Magic card, and it was located right beside the QUOTE TAGS icon. Can we get it back?
    Scheduled for reinstatement before the end of the year.

• All Gatherer/Autocard brokenness
    Gatherer is in the process of being recoded on the back end. As a result, the forums Autocard feature is frequently broken by the changes being made to Gatherer. These will be addressed in the spring of 2007 when Gatherer is, presumably, on final code.

• The forums do not align correctly unless I use the low bandwidth skin. This is an issue for everyone with 800x600 resolution, I think.
    We will be creating a special 800x600 skin for users in the near future. We also have a fix for this issue more generally that is in development.

Working as Designed
  • On the old boards if I sat at the same forum for a while and then hit refresh, all threads would be marked as read. The same would happen if I closed the browser and then opened it up and went back to that forum and it's not happening on the new boards.
    The new vbulletin software has changed the way it recognizes read threads. You actually must open the thread to have it marked as read, not just visit the forum. You can use the "mark all as read" under My Account to quickly do this.

• Smilies appear twice on the new post window (once as a pull-down, once on the right), but the URL button is gone completely. The pull down "upbeat smiles" looks like it should link but doesn’t. The other smilie categories do not appear in the pull down.
    After some investigating, the drop down menu shows only a certain number of smilies—a number we can specify. It retains the category heading in this list. We have increased the display number a bit to make this more obvious.

• When I select GMT+1 as my time zone, the page footer claims it is GMT+2. Seems to be correct for other zones, I haven't checked all of them. The time displayed is correct, just the zone is off by an hour.
    Check your DST (Daylight Savings Time) checkbox under timezone settings and make sure it is cleared.

• You can see your own signature twice on the same page.
    This is an Ajax code issue. If you leave the forum page and then go back to it, your signature will not be posted twice. The signature is only recorded once in the data table. Ajax does NOT make a trip back to the server, therefore does not do preprocessing to prevent sig from displaying twice.

• Some people in Members List show as "Last Visit: N/A"
    That happens when a poster goes Invisible as part of the sign-up process and hasn't been visible since.

• When I select a skin other than the forum default skin, the thread icons do not change.
    Thread icons are always set to the forum default.
Marking a forum read returns you to the parent forum.
Annoyingly, this is designed behavior in the boards. I’ll be asking vB if this is something that can be adjusted.

Clearly this is something that has been adjusted... I came to note that it doesn't do this anymore. And I liked that feature.
Hey Programmerman, ah, you are right. vB change this becuase so many folks hated it . . . um, sorry? :D

-Mel
Hello.

I'd just like to report a problem here (as per WizO_Fraxus's suggestion)

Currently in the Magic General subforum, there's this topic Science with Nano: Subjecting Magic cards to extreme heat.. I've visited that topic once, but after making a post there and left, I was no longer able to access that topic anymore, instead getting the "Database error --- The Wizards Community database has encountered a problem."

Could you help me (and some others as well) on this matter?

Thank you.

Sometimes my signature will disappear partially, I am one of two victims that I can see it happening to. What's with that?

You should have known you wouldn't be ready for A LINE OF T-BAGGING! Photobucket Banana. Photobucket Photobucket Oh Yeah!
I am unable to access the thread in Magic General Science with Nano: Subjecting Magic cards to extreme heat.. I get a "Database Error" when attempting to access it. All other threads work fine. I know I am the only one having this error, because posts have been added to the thread since I was locked out.

What the hell is going on?

I am unable to access the thread in Magic General Science with Nano: Subjecting Magic cards to extreme heat.. I get a "Database Error" when attempting to access it. All other threads work fine. I know I am the only one having this error, because posts have been added to the thread since I was locked out.

What the hell is going on?

Same here with the page 1 of the posters we miss thread in the rec room.
You should have known you wouldn't be ready for A LINE OF T-BAGGING! Photobucket Banana. Photobucket Photobucket Oh Yeah!
Some pages of some threads just don't load. I just get a white page with nothing, no background, no banner, nothing.

Here are two I remember :
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=759771&page=3
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=759707&page=4

-=edit=- More and more pages are broken... :/
I can't see the thread in Magic Online General titled something like "Only the honest pay."
I posted to a thread yesterday in the Magic Online general room. The thread name is "only the honest pay", since my post I have not been able to access the thread. I get a Data Base Error webpage that says the wizards community database has encountered a problem. It says technical staff have been notified of the error, and recommends I email Tech staff, which I did and haven't gotten any reply.

Many users have posted to the thread since I noticed I can't access the thread anymore. So I realised that the problem may somehow be specific to me. So I got two different friends to logon to the forums with their accounts using my computer, and they have no problem at all accessing this thread, which leads me to believe that the problem is isolated to my account? I have thought long and hard about how this can be as I have no problems accessing any other places on the forums, just this one thread. And I cannot come up with a rational explanation that this could occur even as some kind of bug. It seeems more logical to me that someone with powers to deny users access to a thread have for some reason blocked me. But then I think that this is also preposterous as my post was innocuous.

I have noticed Wizo Brak has been actively monitoring and officiating the thread. So I emailed Wizo Brak and asked why I have been blocked and Brak suggested I post it as a bug report here. So this is my bug report. I don't really see how this could be a bug that continually effects only my Enginekid account. But I guess since Brak thinks so it probably is.

I have read through this thread and notice a few others have encountered similar problems, and have been told to post it here as a bug report, but I don't see a single response from a technical support person or from a moderator? What exacty is the point of this thread than?
Wizards is out for the holidays. When everyone gets back, this will be the first place they look for bugs.

Enginekid which forum skin are you using? Is that or your browser different than what your friends who tested for you used?
im using the wizards community default its a golden color, same as the other ones i think
If it helps. I'm in the low-bandwidth skin and having no issues seeing those threads.
i cant sicn up for player rewards i have a number iv been in enough tournaments for a wrath and it wont let me sign up i get an error everytime someone help
I can't view the Answer to the Sage Advice Online feature on the D&D Home page.

The link, http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/ask

gives an error:

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

By Googling I was able to receive the Answers page:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/asksage
I use Internet Explorer, and when the user "Me_" posts, his name drags out across the screen, the thread stops there, I can't read his post and his avatar is mush.

Anyone else have this problem, or is it just my computer?
The Database problem which I'm experiencing seems to get worse.........

While I've yet to try checking the Science Nano topic again, I've got the "Database error --- The Wizards Community database has encountered a problem." problem again, this time in some of the topics in Future Set Speculation subforum.

Help O_O
The Database problem which I'm experiencing seems to get worse.........

While I've yet to try checking the Science Nano topic again, I've got the "Database error --- The Wizards Community database has encountered a problem." problem again, this time in some of the topics in Future Set Speculation subforum.

Help O_O

My tech is out sick, but when he gets in I will be asking him to look at this. Some people report that using a non-default skin helps this issue (though that doesnt make sense to me since it is a DB error).

-Mel
If you debugged some of the code I've had to debug, you'd never pin anything on anything. Rarely is a bug what it says it is (in this one guy's code).

I'd give some examples, but they're now safely tucked away under "repressed."
First of all, since changing my forum skin I have been able to view the thread that I and EngineKid have been having trouble viewing.

Second of all, people's signatures are getting cut off. Before changing my skin, I saw my signature as the "I go by..." line and a line that said "[sblock=My Accomplishments]On the winning team of The Two-Team PRE" (which is one of the lines I typed for my sig), however, I had typed much more than that, including closing that sblock, and ending with a link to a thread I had started about Great Moments of MTGO. Since changing my forum skin (to MTG blue) that has been fixed for me, but another poster told me that he sees the same as I saw, and I see other people's sigs in ways that suggest that they are getting cut off (mainly unfinished sblocks).
It helped a bit, Mel ^_^ I can finally access the "Database Error" topics when I set my skin to "Low Bandwidth" with images disabled (but man, that sucks... :D)... ah well, bit unfortunate that the Nano Science topic is probably already too old to bump....

I got an even worse problem now:

I can't post anything too long now (not even editting an existing post such as my card topic post to make it longer). It started with me trying to post something in a topic in the YMtC subforum, but my browser just goes into the "Waiting for boards1.wizards.com..." mode forever until it timed out without result. Then I tried posting in some other places with success, so I assumd it was the buggy YMtC. But I was just able to post something short there, and at the same time, fails to post a long new topic in the Storyline subforum (it's about 25 line long in the text box, 15 line breaks). This time, the low bandwidth skin fails to help.

Help!
(PS: This post is 20 lines long, with about 10 or less breaks)
Weird behaviors.

Since I've been on the new version of the boards, I haven't been able to see the little icons for the games people play. I wouldn't have known I was missing anything if I hadn't seen them on someone else's account. I had to ask, "What are those for?"

Anyways, I tried resetting the setting in thread viewing preferences, turning it of and on to no avail. Eventually, I gave up.

Today, the icons appeared.

The started to show after I used the 'Quick Reply' feature. Until today I have never used quick reply, only the standard reply button.

EDIT: Well, I just went back to the DDM forums and now the icons have disappeared. ...insert Twilight Zone music here...

FartKnocker
Reporting!

My current problem of being unable to post long messages seems to be more of a connection problem rather than this board's problems, because it happens in other forums I visit as well. Just to let you know so that you don't need to look too much into this anymore.

Thanks.
Hi
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but I couldn't find another place where I could bug someone with a bug report about the RSS feeds. If this is the wrong place, please redirect me ....

When I subscribe to the "Magic: The Gathering Podcast" on my PlayStationPortable (PSP), it keeps telling me that there are no items - while clearly there are quite some in the feed. I encountered the same problem with one of my own feeds, and found out that it uses the pubDate node to determine the date of publication (yes, really!). On top of that, the pubDate needs to be properly formatted for it to be able to do anything with it. As it turns out the MTG podcast lacks time and timezone.

Specs about the pubDate can be found here:
http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#ltpubdategtSubelementOfLtitemgt

The same kind of problem exists in the normal mtg feed, where the pubDate is given in an entirely different format.

I'd very much appreciate it if this could be solved. Thanks in advance!
Hi, i have passed this on to the Magic Webpage producers, who can take care of this

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but I couldn't find another place where I could bug someone with a bug report about the RSS feeds. If this is the wrong place, please redirect me ....

When I subscribe to the "Magic: The Gathering Podcast" on my PlayStationPortable (PSP), it keeps telling me that there are no items - while clearly there are quite some in the feed. I encountered the same problem with one of my own feeds, and found out that it uses the pubDate node to determine the date of publication (yes, really!). On top of that, the pubDate needs to be properly formatted for it to be able to do anything with it. As it turns out the MTG podcast lacks time and timezone.

Specs about the pubDate can be found here:
http://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#ltpubdategtSubelementOfLtitemgt

The same kind of problem exists in the normal mtg feed, where the pubDate is given in an entirely different format.

I'd very much appreciate it if this could be solved. Thanks in advance!

A placeholder time and time zone have been put in the rss feed. I don't have a PSP handy to check -- Thumbling, can you see if that fix worked?

Thanks,

Greg Collins
Events content manager, magicthegathering.com
A placeholder time and time zone have been put in the rss feed. I don't have a PSP handy to check -- Thumbling, can you see if that fix worked?

Thanks,

Greg Collins
Events content manager, magicthegathering.com

Yep, it works perfectly fine now. Thanks!
For some odd reason, I'm unable to edit my posts. I click the save button, but nothing happens. I can't go advanced or cancel the edit either.
Hi there. I'm having trouble getting into the RPG Live chatroom here. I used to be able to get in there without any kind of trouble, and have been a regular since about october. Last night, at about 9:00 PM eastern time, I got booted from the chatroom by an "TCP/IP connection interrupted" message. I've been unable to get back into the room. Oddly enough, I can get into TCG live with no problem at all. Please help me.

Edit: Still can't get in, but I've checked my ethernet cords and everything is plugged in just fine.
For some odd reason, I'm unable to edit my posts. I click the save button, but nothing happens. I can't go advanced or cancel the edit either.

I have verified that this is a problem with some vB code and I am asking my tech if he can implement the suggested solution.
Hi there. I'm having trouble getting into the RPG Live chatroom here. I used to be able to get in there without any kind of trouble, and have been a regular since about october. Last night, at about 9:00 PM eastern time, I got booted from the chatroom by an "TCP/IP connection interrupted" message. I've been unable to get back into the room. Oddly enough, I can get into TCG live with no problem at all. Please help me.

Edit: Still can't get in, but I've checked my ethernet cords and everything is plugged in just fine.

We have had a group of peopl eable to get into TCG but not RPG and have yet to figure out why. Did anything occur right before the issue. A java update has been circulating and the chat runs on java -- did your computer download that by chance? I am just fishing for any info that would let me identify why this happens to some folks.

-Mel
Well, thanks for the response.
I've tried a few things with it, and I can get on at a different computer, but at home, nothing works. I dunno how to check and see if my computer has downloaded a java update though, so that might be a cause.
Wotc_Mel

Since people that have this problem seems to be working on other computers i do wonder if its the users IPs from the main computer that is being blocked from the rpg chat server like a backlist of somesort.
Ok, I've checked my java program, and according to the java.com site, I've got the latest version of it. Still can't get in though.
Staff of WotC,

Recently I was kindly answered in a similar thread by Steve, so here's my new problem:

Several threads (at least two I can pinpoint right now) that span several pages have database problems that prevent users from accesing a specific page:

Please, try to enter the second page of the Funny Pics thread:
Page 2 - Funny Pics thread
Please, try to enter to page 3 of the Rifleman? thread:
Page 3 - Rifleman? thread

The second one is a closed thread that we can live without, as we have 10 (and counting) pages of new discussion, but the first one was a very interesting and creative thread that had some nice pics, that now are living in a limbo we cannot access.

Every entry on the page says that "The boards1.wizards.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.", but I suppose they have tons of mails and this has not been caught.

Can this please be addressed or the thread re-created with the posts it had in pages 1 and 2 (page three as of now only speaks of the problem of the database),

thanks a lot,
Rafa.
I just got a new computer, and the problem with "Me_" is persisting, so it must either be something on his end, or a crappy Internet service on mine.
Hi. I dont know where to write this but maybe this is right tread. Im running Opera 9.1 and i can not write letters into gatherer page. Is this just my problem or is it well-known?
For the last three days i have been unable to access Miniatures with low technology and real world cultures thread and I was interested in that one. It says the same thing that tech staff has been notified but I don't know if this is true as I still can't get into this thread.
For the last three days i have been unable to access Miniatures with low technology and real world cultures thread and I was interested in that one. It says the same thing that tech staff has been notified but I don't know if this is true as I still can't get into this thread.

I had the same promblem, but heres what I did-Go to Thread tools at the top right of the page select printable version and you can at least read it. Then if you want to post go into a page that will let you inn and post from there, when you submit it, it will do that error thing but your post will go through.
I had the same promblem, but heres what I did-Go to Thread tools at the top right of the page select printable version and you can at least read it. Then if you want to post go into a page that will let you inn and post from there, when you submit it, it will do that error thing but your post will go through.

I can not get anything in that thread to show so I can not find the thread tools tab. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?
Sign In to post comments