Arcanis the Omnipotent EDH

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Okay, so I hacked apart my old Oona EDH in favor of making it a mono-colored deck. I chose to dump all the black and run Arcanis the Omnipotent as my general.

Here's the decklist right now:

1x Arcanis the Omnipotent

24x Island
1x Tolaria West
1x Terramorphic Expanse
1x Strip Mine
1x Terminal Moraine
1x Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
1x Maze of Ith
1x Blasted Landscape
1x Remote Isle
1x Lonely Sandbar

1x Guile
1x Body Double
1x Solemn Simulacrum
1x Drift of Phantasms
1x Tidal Kraken*
1x Kederekt Leviathan
1x Keiga, the Tide Star
1x Morphling
1x Quicksilver Dragon
1x Uyo, Silent Prophet
1x Trinket Mage
1x Deep-Sea Kraken*
1x Ethereal Usher*

1x Hinder
1x Muddle the Mixture
1x Dissipate
1x Faerie Trickery
1x Rewind
1x Forbid
1x Evacuation
1x Rethink
1x Last Word
1x Counterspell
1x Thirst for Knowledge
1x Brainstorm
1x Mystical Tutor
1x Foil
1x Ray of Command*
1x Wipe Away
1x Arcane Denial*
1x Capsize
1x Negate
1x Flash of Insight
1x Fact or Fiction
1x Snap*
1x Frantic Search
1x Dismiss

1x Compulsive Research
1x Forsee
1x Covenant of Minds
1x Tunnel Vision
1x Time Spiral
1x Acquire
1x Traumatize
1x Relearn
1x Concentrate*
1x Fabricate
1x Inundate*

1x Precognition
1x Standstill
1x Rhystic Study
1x Propaganda

1x Candles of Leng
1x Sol Ring
1x Darksteel Ingot
1x Journeyer's Kite
1x Memory Jar
1x Wayfarer's Bauble
1x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Nevinyrral's Disk
1x Mind Stone
1x Vedalken Orrery*
1x Mind's Eye
1x Reito Lantern
1x Proteus Staff
1x Mirari

1x Jace Berelen

It's still kinda rusty. The * cards are ones that I know could be better choices, but I don't really know what to put in for them. Any thoughts and suggestions welcomed.
Needs some Rings of Brighthearth. Superman Suit would go well with Arcanis as well.
Needs some Rings of Brighthearth. Superman Suit would go well with Arcanis as well.

Mmmm... I like Pemmin's Aura. Especially since it could possibly let me draw my deck at the end of their turn.

As for Rings, it SEEMS interesting, but I don't think that it's really necessary. It just seems like another fun trick that lets me draw more, since that's what I would be using it for.
Needs Lightning Greaves. You could replace Concentrate with them since they would accomplish the same effect, and more.

Inkwell Leviathan is a new Conflux card that might be a good replacement for one of your Krakens. Darksteel Colossus or Tidespout Tyrant would also make good replacements.
Grab Extraplanar Lens and Gauntlet of Power. They give you stupid big mana in single color decks. I completely missed you not having them the first time I looked at your deck, or I would have mentioned it then. Second on the Grieves, as well. In the spirit of drawing unholy jacktons of cards, have you looked into Thought Reflection or Flow of Ideas.
I'll address each card one at a time, because i like a lot of these suggestions.

1. Lightning Greaves- It's actually a really funny thing, because the reason I don't have them is because I'm, well, lazy about it. I know I do need them, I just haven't scraped together the cash I need for the purchases i want to make

2. D. Colossus- If my shop had them in stock, I'd have one. He's so hard to track down. But he is going in ASAP, as well as a Tinker I'm saving for that purpose.

3. Inkwell Leviathan- I like it. I might need to pick one up.

4. Tidespout Tyrant- Hmmm. Yes and no, but more no, and here's why. This deck digs up things REALLY fast. Fast enough to the point where I don't have to cast Arcanis hardly ever. And if I do get him onto the field, then I usually have the game a turn later. I think Tyrant would be another Tidal Kraken in terms of usefulness.

5. Extraplanar Lens- See D. Colossus

6. Gauntlet of Power- I like. I'll see what my shop has.

7. Thought Reflection- Hmm... this is difficult. I like the idea of drawing double my normal amount, but in a 100 card deck, especially mono-blue, I don't think it's necessary. I only have one graveyard recursion spell in the deck (Time Spiral), and I dislike the thought of having to dump a majority of my spells to my end step. I probably will consider it further, but I don't anticipate it making a final cut.

8. Flow of Ideas- I used to run it, but the sorcery speed is too slow for a draw that usually ends up being half-full of land, anyway.

While I'm on the subject, I should probably be running Honden of Seeing Winds, shouldn't I?
5. Extraplanar Lens- See D. Colossus

6. Gauntlet of Power- I like. I'll see what my shop has.

8. Flow of Ideas- I used to run it, but the sorcery speed is too slow for a draw that usually ends up being half-full of land, anyway.

While I'm on the subject, I should probably be running Honden of Seeing Winds, shouldn't I?

well with the Lens and the Gautlet out that triples your mana so the speed for flow of ideas would make it faster and save you more land to use.

Honden should be in there too for more draw.
You starred concentrate but not covenant of minds in a monoblue deck.

Dude...concentrate is STRICTLY better. They should both be replaced though, imo.
Mind over Matter? If they let you untap with Arcanis you can draw your deck, then untap lands to play lots of spells, counter whatever they do, tap relevant blockers, and kill them?

The new Spellbook land is also good, and has interesting synergy with Meishin, the Mind Cage.

Minamo, School of the Unseen doubles what Arcanis can do. Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir lets you drop Arcanis at instant speed. Sakashima the Imposter copies opposing generals or any of your own guys.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...
What are thoughts on Mana Maze and Kaho, Minamo Historian?

Pulled a Timetwister out of an Unlimited pack I won in a raffle over Veteran's Day:

You can bet it's going into the deck.
He may look ridiculous, but believe me, Tomorrow,Azami's Familiar can litterally EAT your deck for the cards you need.

Also, Innundate=Good, Evacuate=Better.

Want a fun combo? Saunders + Patron of the Moon
He may look ridiculous, but believe me, Tomorrow,Azami's Familiar can litterally EAT your deck for the cards you need.

Also, Innundate=Good, Evacuate=Better.

Want a fun combo? Saunders + Patron of the Moon

I actually run a Patron of the Moon deck. Any symmetrical land bounce becomes hilariously one-sided. But yes, paying 10 to play Sunder and then put the ten lands back into play is awesome.
Sign In to post comments