Need tips on powering this burn deck up

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

Sup all. I just need some insight on ways I can power this deck up. It's working really well right now, but I know there are always ways to make it better. This is where the MTG community comes in! Thanks all in advanced!

PS: Budget is a concern. No playsets that would total more than 20 bucks. Feel free to post them anyway though, but I'm not dropping too much dough down.

Deck: Untitled...

Color: Red

Creatures: 12

x4 Goblin Arsonist

x4 Spark Elemental

x4 Kiln Fiend

Spells: 22

x4 Lightning Bolt

x4 Shock

x4 Shard Volley

x4 Incinerate

x3 Fists of the Anvil

x3 Flame Javelin

Artifacts: 4

x4 Shrine of Burning Rage

Lands:

x22 Mountain

I thought about cutting Fists of the Anvil, but I find that i can pull out 10-11 damage on turn three by using a bolt with fists of the anvil before the fiend swings (assuming they got no blockers).  Think Guttersnipe would work? I debated it, but I still have a feeling it might be a tad bit slow. Goblin Grenade is cheap costing damage too, but i don't think I have enough goblins to utilize it effectivley. I thought of using Stun too. I figured I could add some draw power to get around any other blockers that i cant remove. But i found that it took some pressure away. 

One of the few problems I had playtesting this so far is that I empty my hand so fast (usually by turn 4 or 5). If the shrine is in play then it works because that easily finishes my opponent off. But when i didn't have it in play, and my hand emptied, it was hard to keep the sustained damage.

So, yea, lemme know what you all think. Thanks for reading. Later!

I would like to keep everything 1-3 mana. (preferably 1-2)

"Every battle offers an opportunity of victory. It's up to you to summon the courage to grasp that moment!" -- Kurando (Shadowhearts: Covenant)

"A man doesn't think he acts!" -- Kamina (Gurren Lagann)

I would replace Goblin Arsonist and Spark Elemental with Keldon Marauders and Hellspark Elemental.

I would replace Shock, Shard Volley, and Incinerate with Flame Rift, Lava Spike and Rift Bolt.

I would replace 3 Fists Of The Anvil and 1 Flame Javelin with a playset of Magma Jet, and the remaining 2 Flame Javelin with 2 Fireblast (which you never hard cast).

Chain Lightning (at $11.00 a copy) would be great here, as would Goblin Guide (at $7.59 a copy)

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

I never make a burn deck with Browbeat.

Guttersnipe is always good in a burn deck, and that tandem with Kiln Fiend would be devastating.

With Guttersnipe and Kiln Fiend in the deck a card like pyromatics may seem week but each time you replicate it it would proc their abilities making it worth while.

Rysaan wrote:
With Guttersnipe and Kiln Fiend in the deck a card like pyromatics may seem week but each time you replicate it it would proc their abilities making it worth while.
Replicating doesn't "cast" the spell, so their abilities don't trigger.

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

AzazelWandering wrote:

Rysaan wrote:

Replicating doesn't "cast" the spell, so their abilities don't trigger.

Ahhh ok just looked at Gelectrode and figured they were the same but the wording is different to make replicate work with him. Sorry about that.

I helped put together a burn deck for my cousin, now he whips me with it regularly.  Look into Browbeat, Vexing Devil, Thunderous Wrath, Young Pyromancer, Guttersnipe, Reverberate, Ball Lightning

Also Fireblast for the sacrifce cost only, run maybe 2 of them, with 2 Thunderous Wrath.  You'd want to draw into these later in the game, Thunderous Wrath for the miracle cast, and Fireblast for the last free 4 damage. 

im working on a red and blue burn deck, I keep tweaking it constantly. I have some cards that should arrive today in the mail before my monday night magic game with some friends. I can get you a full deck list upon request but here was what I was thinking when I first made it.

3 guttersnipe in the hopes that I may be able to get all three of them in play or that I will have 3 chances to get one on the battlefield.  a galvanoth was a tweak addition (5 to cast 3/3 creature at the beginning of my upkeep i may look at the top card of my library, if it is an instant or sorcery i may cast it for free.) (sorry idk how to link)

2 -4 Goblin electromancer (2 to cast, 2/2 instant and sorceries cost 1 less to to cast)

the rest were blue counter (negate disperse essence scatter) and red burn. originally some red burn included lava axe and chandras outrage but I have trimmed down the high cost spells for lower cost spells such as shock and lightning bolt. I was able to slim down the mana requirement in the deck

I went from a 62 card deck (10 red and 10 blue mana) to a 60 card deck with 18 mana total.

the curent version of my red and blue is a bit more creature heavy than I originally wanted but, I have included 2 spellheart chimeria (red/blue 3 to cast X/3 flying trample x is the number of instants and sorceries in my graveyard)

problem i am having is that I have to slim down some of the usless things in there, like the lone blistercoil weird, and add a few more dig spells to find what I am looking for. Either way once i get 3 mana with atleast one blue or one red among them I can easily cast almost anything in my deck.

Long and short of it, Guttersnipe will fit nicely but the trick is keeping them out or getting them on the battlefield. the people I play with know better than to let me get just one out, so I almost always have to have a negate loaded before I cast guttersnipe incase they want to try and deny that.

Anyway I hope this somehow helped the op somewhat.