Goth Deck Wins

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello forums! I am in need of assistance finishing up this deck.

I am trying to build a burn deck around Spiteful Visions and Underworld Dreams which would the be followed by gobs of burn to make sure the person dies faster than they can produce a response.

but in order to be really great I want both of those in play by turn 4, which means turn three underworld dreams, in a deck that needs red for burn.
So i was thinking Manaforge Cinder if i can get one in play on turn 1 or 2 I'm set! but that easier said than done, so i got Graven Cairns in there but i feel like there may be some good mana fixing I am missing. any suggestions?

also plan on running Beseech the Queen so that even if I don't draw what I need I can probably get it into play on turn 5 anyway.

And of course the deck is full of burn, which means I can just red deck wins if I never get what i need. Which brings me to more questions, what would be the best burn spells to get for this deck?
And, as far as creatures, Mudbutton Torchrunner? Murderous Redcap? or is 4cc to much?

or maybe I am over complicating this and there is black burn I could use, and just go monoblack?

Help me oh mighty forums!
You could just play it mono-black control...

Use lifegain and the like to keep your head above water, and hammer down their board position with removal to stop them from aggro'ing you.

There's enough cards to do it...
tendrils of corruption
corrupt
consume spirit
dash hopes (i normaly wouldn't advocate this, but it could work really well here)
feast of flesh
highway robber
morsel theft
phthisis
rite of consumption
smallpox
soul spike
soul feast
temporal extortion
urborg syphon-mage
weed strangle

And that's only in standard, without going near most of the rmoval spells either...
You know, I would think a Goth Deck Wins deck would involve a lot of spells that hurt yourself... or Emo Deck Wins.
I have been researching some burn and so far, besides staples like shock I am thinking

Shard Volley - I am sure to have way to many lands
Lightning axe - Seems perfect if your drawing 2 cards a turn
Lash Out - as most of the burn in this deck may go towards creatures to stall till they draw to death, this spell works great and may do double duty.

Black just seems too slow at this point, I would rather be able to play both cards I draw every turn to make sure I am getting the most possible benefit from visions. But either way I am planning on running some direct black creature removal, Been looking at.

shriekmaw - terror, with a creature just in case i need it
slaughter pact - surprise! nothing like tapped out terror
assassinate - I always end up playing against black and artifact creatures, so This might be my best choice

and sadly, I can't get damnation because I am not that ballin
edit: also just checked the price on slaughter pact, pretty up there.

also if there is anything better you guys can think of just let me know!
Heres a very basic deck list, very very basic
just so you guys can get an idea of what i am going for

Enchantments
4x Spiteful Visions
4x Underworld Dreams

Creatures
4x Manaforge Cinder

Sorceries & Instants
4x Beseech the Queen
4x Flame Javelin
4x shock
4x Lightning Axe
4x Shard Volley
4x Lash out
4x Assassinate

Lands
4x Graven Cairns
9x Mountain
7x Swamp
sudden death over assasinate if your trouble is black creatures.. Assasinate is not good enough.

incinerate over shard volley? and if you change your lands into snow-covered mountain and snow-covered swamp then you can run skred over lava axe
sudden death over assasinate if your trouble is black creatures.. Assasinate is not good enough.

incinerate over shard volley? and if you change your lands into snow-covered mountain and snow-covered swamp then you can run skred over lava axe

Hmm, good suggestions. Especially sudden death looks really good. Yeah I was thinking skred but I don't have any snow lands, and I don't really wanna buy a gross of 500 from a card store! But I think I will check in town and see if there's anywhere I can find some.

some other stuff I was looking at:
Pyroclasm - could work out great against fairies
Riftbolt - just a good cheap damage spell
Wild Ricochet(or similar reflect spells) - because I am sick of morsel theft
Sudden Impact - If my opponent is constantly drawing cards then this might be pretty good

Especially pyroclasm looks pretty good
If you are running Spiteful Visions, Soul Spike would be really good. It lets you play a spell for free, and it gains you life so that you don't die.