how do i make an aggro merfolk deck?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
so ive realized all ive done is mixed mill, control, and aggro all together. i think an aggro merfolk deck is the most effective, so wat do i need to do to make one of those? this is my current decklist:

Creatures x 14
3x stonybrook angler
3x Streambed aquitects
3x judge of the currents
3x merrow reejerey
2x merrow harbinger

spells, etc x 22
3x cancel
4x oblivion ring
3x summon the school
4x aquitects will
4x pacifism
4x merrow commerce

lands x 25
12x island
10x plains
1x mystic gate
Control and aggro may work best. Beat them down quickly with small, efficient creatures while stopping their threats. That's what the classic Fish did and it was mostly merfolk.

Try adding some Lord of Atlantiss to your deck. Two or three of those might help speed it up.
Mist Dragon art by Al Davidson
Control and aggro may work best. Beat them down quickly with small, efficient creatures while stopping their threats. That's what the classic Fish did and it was mostly merfolk.

Try adding some Lord of Atlantiss to your deck. Two or three of those might help speed it up.

i cant seem to find that card at the game shop that mostly sells magic cards. if i do i will be putting it in. im wondering if i should put in stonybrook banneret or sivergill douser to add some more creatures. also wondering about stony brook schoolmaster. everyone says my deck is all over the place so idk if i need to focus on 1 thing or both or ah its difficult lol
i cant seem to find that card at the game shop that mostly sells magic cards. if i do i will be putting it in. im wondering if i should put in stonybrook banneret or sivergill douser to add some more creatures. also wondering about stony brook schoolmaster. everyone says my deck is all over the place so idk if i need to focus on 1 thing or both or ah its difficult lol

Merrow Reejerey, an uncommon from Lorwyn, is a great addition that performs the same role as LoA, and Silvergill adpet is a better add then douser...the cantrip is better than you might think. Also, the banneret is a good add, but only if you have 4 or more merfolk or wizard spells at four or more on the curve.
Merrow Reejerey, an uncommon from Lorwyn, is a great addition that performs the same role as LoA, and Silvergill adpet is a better add then douser...the cantrip is better than you might think. Also, the banneret is a good add, but only if you have 4 or more merfolk or wizard spells at four or more on the curve.

i honestly dont c a point in silvergill adept. i mean hes ok, drawing cards is always good. but i feel like with the way my deck is now, a set of schoolmaster and 2 more reejerey should be ok. heres what i plan on doing. taking out playset of pacifism.putting in playset of stonybrook schoolmaster. taking out 1 more card (not sure what yet) to add another reejerey. if i can find lord of atlantis i have no idea what ill do >.>
i honestly dont c a point in silvergill adept. i mean hes ok, drawing cards is always good. but i feel like with the way my deck is now, a set of schoolmaster and 2 more reejerey should be ok. heres what i plan on doing. taking out playset of pacifism.putting in playset of stonybrook schoolmaster. taking out 1 more card (not sure what yet) to add another reejerey. if i can find lord of atlantis i have no idea what ill do >.>

Sorry, I failed to read your decklist...facepalm.

Anyway, acquitects will is just an islandwalk enabler that cantrips...replace the wills with adpets if you can find them, a 2/1 for two that replaces itself and is pumped by your lords is better...then, when you find the LoA, you can replace those with the new lords.

In case your interested, the build I'm playtesting is this (it's standard-legal and not quite budget, so be warned.)

I know the commands and land base are hecka expensive, and the shadowmoor cards are unconventional, but the things to pay attention to are:
8 Lords.
Six removal Spells and eight counters (crucial to an aggro-control deck.)
four one-drops (the acceptable choices are the mystic and Ancestral Vision right now...you can take or leave that one, Ponder is a nice "one drop".

Adept as a three of, which has been about the right number for me.
Sign In to post comments