Mono Blue Wizards **Open for Suggestions**

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

This is a 63 card deck. The whole idea is to pretty much just abuse all tap abilities. Here's a list of why the cards are there:
Lands
IslandDo I need to Explain?
Riptide Laboratory : Can help return creatures to hand if they are being targetted
Minamo, School At Water's Edge: I have 2 Legendary Creatures
Creatures
Sage of Epityr: good for looking for what I need to get and also my only 1-Drop
Aphetto Alchemist: a good card to help untap creatures, the whole purpose of the deck pretty much.
Prodigal Sorcerer : My winning guy. Can ping targets to death with the help of Aphetto Alchemist and Pemmin's Aura
Suq'Ata Firewalker : Same as above except a little more protection.
Patron Wizard: Protects my creatures as well as myself
Stonybrook Banneret: I can go faster.
Azami, Lady of Scrolls: I can go through the deck fast to keep up the tempo.
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir: Can also help against being countered. He's just a really good card and sneaky too
Supreme Inquisitor: helps get rid of annoying cards in an opponents deck while tapping my creatures. Kind of a 2-for-1 deal.
Spells and Artifacts
Ovinize- Not really sure, faster for Tim to ping though. I would take this out if anything.
Pemmin's Aura - Can help untap and do a large variety of useful things.
Thousand-Year Elixir- Helps use the abilities faster.

*Thanks for taking the time to look through this. I gotta drop 3 cards and need some suggestions on what to add or drop. Thanks! :P
My deck is actually very similar to this one. I really like the idea of tapping creatures and untapping them with Pemmin's Aura. Yours seems to probably be a little more effective than mine because I like to use cards for the flavor rather than just power so I made mine based on the wizard legends.

Puresight Merrow can work as a Pemmin's Aura with both Patron Wizard and Azami. I really like Ertai, Wizard Adept since he is the only creature that can hard counter repeatedly by himself. Rayne, Academy Chancellor can be good with Pemmin's Aura since they wouldn't be able to target her and would really hurt your opponent's removal. Something Like Oona, Queen of the Fae, Meloku the Clouded Mirror, or even Guile could work as a finisher.

I'm not too big a fan of Supreme Inquisitor since it doesn't affect anything on the board and relies on you to have 5 creatures out which can be tough. Something to bounce thier permanants could be more useful so you can counter them when they try to play them again. My favorite cards for this are: Snap, Alexi, Zephyr Mage, Temporal Adept, Surgespanner, and Heidar, Rimewind Master.

If you don't care about the deck being tournament legal, Sol Ring and Mind Over Matter should both help a lot. Mind Over Matter and Arcanis, the Omnipotent together can draw infinite cards. Dream Halls is really great at playing those cards in your hand, but doesn't really work very well if you want to rely on countering.
I might put in Arcanis instead of Supreme Inquisitor, but I'm not quite sure yet. The inquisitor and Arcanis are both hard to get out, but if the inquisitor uses it's effect it's really helpful. Also, I need three cards less so what should I take out? I was thinking Ovinize since it only helps Tim ping stuff to death. The only winning situation I have is when I have a lot of mana, using Tim or Suq'Ata Firewalker to keep hitting the opponent. But thanks for the suggestions, some nice combos in there :P
Didn't you post this deck in another thread a few days ago?
Yea, it got locked though.