Mono Green Elf Deck

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is my Semi worked on Elf deck
i've won about 75 percent of the time (casual) playtested it like this for about a week.
cards are blocked into sections by cost

^ under a card indicates me wanting to put more of it in my deck.
the general strategy is to spam elf tokens, and life gain from having so many; there are also a few boost cards to pump up cards when necessary.
Please also comment on what i should remove if i want to put the cards marked by the ^ in. Most of the stuff i can trade for is from recent sets, and i don't have many opportunities to go to a card shop, so don't get too exotic with the changes.
You should definetely run 4x Wellwisher in an elf deck. A couple Pendelhaven would be good too.
elvish champion aint bad and if u were willing to splash black prowess of the fair and nath of the gilt-leafboth make tokens.
that's an awesome deck
are there any guidelines to how to evenly splash a color in a deck?

also what do you guys think should be taken out of this deck to make room for more copies of the cards i marked?
I would remove The elvish warrior, norwood ranger and leaf gilder, replace them for llanowar elves, defiant elf and timberwatch elf.

Also, I'd replace your Nath's elite for taunting elf is costs less to play and it's barely the same thing since you can pump it up with the +X/+X spells. or with timberwatch elves. I strongly recommand Wellwisher and Wirewood Lodge, this will help you alot. Birchlore Rangers can be good when you have an army of elves too.

Elvish soultiller, caller of the claw and Heedless one are some good adds too.
llanowar elves, wirewood lodge, wellwisher, and mabye timberwatch for sure

Taunting and defiant only seem useful if they're pumped up : /

im hesitent to take out elvish warrior or norwood ranger b/c they make good cheap blockers.

The only reason i keep nath's elite is b/c if i sont draw any pump cards i have someting big to fall back on, although it has been giving me trouble. With only 2 toughness, it is usually killed by some effect, and not combat.

BTW im probably going to be trading to get any of the cards i might want, so suggest alternatives if possible.
elvish harbinger is a phenomenal card, and works quite well with momir vig, simic visionary, a worthwhile splash that doesn't even require you to change your mana base if you have 4 harbinger , some birchlore ranger and the like.

momir vig + bloodline shaman = tutored elf AT LEAST once every turn :D

max out your huntmasters and imperious perfects if you can, and if you like non-elf tokens wolf-skull shaman work well
fixes i made so far:
-2 Lys Alana Huntsmaster
+1 Presence of Gond
+1 Toil to Renown

How do you guys suggest i splash other colors in?

Do you think that if i splash Nath of the Gilt-Leaf and Prowess of the Fair the Harbingers will be able to handle me needing black mana?
civic wayfinder is 1 that could search out swamps for you but elves have alot of ways of stabling ur mana base. Cards like quirion elves and elvish harbringer as sugested earlier. personally i'd rate the lys alana huntmasters above the presence of gond.
new changes i've made

-2 Nath's Elite
+1 Nath of the Gilt-Leaf
+1 Prowess of the fair

splashing Nath really helped me against annoying pricks who exploit fear, and the Harbingers and wirewood channeler helped by not forcing me to put swamps in my deck
personally i'd rate the lys alana huntmasters above the presence of gond.

why?

huntsmasters are more expensive, and the effect only works infrequently.
gond gets you a guy every tap
You keep asking about splashing, and here's the lowdown:

Whatever color you splash, you are definetely gonna want some ways to access that color of mana, so in this case, to splash black you might want to add some Llanowar Wastes and Overgrown Tomb for lands. Newer players and casual players generally don't see the advantage to these as they lose you life, but in your case, the Wellwisher should be netting you alot more life than you would normally lose.
You keep asking about splashing, and here's the lowdown:

Whatever color you splash, you are definetely gonna want some ways to access that color of mana, so in this case, to splash black you might want to add some Llanowar Wastes and Overgrown Tomb for lands. Newer players and casual players generally don't see the advantage to these as they lose you life, but in your case, the Wellwisher should be netting you alot more life than you would normally lose.

thanks man

i think ill head over to the shop and buy some of those lands.
They can be pretty expensive, just to let you know. Painlands generally run between 5 and 10 Black Bordered (I've seen them as low as three). Shocklands are anywhere from 6-14 dollars (The Overgrown Tomb probably about $7 right now).
They can be pretty expensive, just to let you know. Painlands generally run between 5 and 10 Black Bordered (I've seen them as low as three). Shocklands are anywhere from 6-14 dollars (The Overgrown Tomb probably about $7 right now).

darn

i dont think they're worth it then, considering i dont really play anything other than casual.
Shocklands are awesome though