White Mana Acceleration?

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am looking for any suggestions on white mana accelerators. I am attempting to build a casual deck that is mono-white, and I would like to add some artifacts, enchantments, creatures, etc. that would allow for quicker drops of huge spells. Any suggestions?
Most of white's mana acceleration comes from artifacts.
Gold myr
mox diamond
Chrome mox
marble diamond
Lotus petal
Jeweled amulet
Pearl Medallion

I'm sure some other posters will be able to tell you some white cards for mana accel (although white is the color with the least accel i believe) but i'm an artificer and i go with my strengths.
Sol RingColorless mage? Join the Artificer's Group!Sol Ring

Also, If you play MTG in San Diego, join the San Diego players group here.

It's not accel, but Land Tax is pretty good.
Hm, some interesting choices there. I really like Land Tax and completely forgot tat it was around. I had thought of Gold Myr before, and perhaps that will need to be added here. Thanks for the help so far.
For creatures, you could use things like Akrasan Squire and Sigilied Paladin. They are quick and you can be hitting for 3 turn two. Not too shabby. Also for an enchantment with monowhite, Armored Ascension. Amazing with exalted
For creatures, you could use things like Akrasan Squire and Sigilied Paladin. They are quick and you can be hitting for 3 turn two. Not too shabby. Also for an enchantment with monowhite, Armored Ascension. Amazing with exalted

Hm, Armored Ascension seems pretty ridiculous in Mono-White. Though the creatures are great, they do not fit my deck's theme. I went all Angels. ;) And most angels are high costed, hence the acceleration, though I thank you for your valued input.
Sunseed Nurturer, and Knight of the White Orchid maybe?

Hm, very interesting additions... Certainly worth taking a look into. I just wish White had a Seething Song or Rite of Flame or Dark Ritual. Oh well. :P Thanks for the continued suggestions.
I am looking for any suggestions on white mana accelerators. I am attempting to build a casual deck that is mono-white, and I would like to add some artifacts, enchantments, creatures, etc. that would allow for quicker drops of huge spells. Any suggestions?

Remote Farm

Flagstones of Trokair not really mana acceleration but thins your library.
Azorius Chancery / Boros Garrison / Orzhov Basilica / Selesnya Sanctuary
Ruins of Trokair
Tooth of Ramos

Calciform Pools / Saltcrusted Steppe
Fountain of Cho
Icatian Store

Fetching Plains.
Tithe

Gift of Estates
Endless Horizons
Oath of Lieges
Path to Exile your own creature
Safewright Quest
Weathered Wayfarer
Mono white doesn't get mana acceleration, not in a traditional sense anyway. You'll need to run artifacts to really get some mana ramping going, and most have been listed except two noteable exceptions:

Mind Stone and
Guardian Idol

Both have strenghts and weaknesses for what you're trying to accomplish.
MTGO SVCL - Ask me for help if you're lost or confused!
I am running Flagstones and Mind Stones. But no land sac outlet. Though I do appreciate the continued suggestions here. ;)
Enchanted Evening + Serra's Sanctum = uh, lots of white.
Not really acceleration, but...
You could probably play like 3 angels per turn.
It's not until you learn something you realize how little you know. DCI Level 1 Judge.
Enchanted Evening + Serra's Sanctum = uh, lots of white.
Not really acceleration, but...
You could probably play like 3 angels per turn.

Now that is a VERY interesting combination. I would just need to watch for enchantment hate. :P
My protection from enchantment hate is Greater Auramancy. That plus Enchanted Evening gives everything shroud as well....
Play some early walls to keep your life stable, then pop Lotus Bloom into Gauntlet of Power turn 3 or 4 and explode.
Ah yes, how could I overlook Lotus Bloom? That might be an auto-four-of inclusion. :D
Lotus Bloom is probably bad unless you are playing combo. I would suggest Coalition Relic and storage lands.
Thunder Totem
and the Ravnica Signets come to mind (Selesnya, Boros, Azorius, Orzhov)
Hm, Armored Ascension seems pretty ridiculous in Mono-White. Though the creatures are great, they do not fit my deck's theme. I went all Angels. ;) And most angels are high costed, hence the acceleration, though I thank you for your valued input.

If you want cheap Angel's i'd go with Urza's Incubator. That makes for very cheap angels.

Other than that, you might consider Quicksilver Amulet. It greatly reduces the casting cost for angels, you can cast Angels as an instant at opponent's EOT or before declaring blockers to screw with their combat math and last but not least, Angels you play with the Amulet cannot be countered. (Though of course, the amulet itself can, but hey...)
I am Blue/White
Sol Ring
Mana Vault
Grim Monolith
Gilded Lotus
Thran Dynamo
Mana Crypt, but probably out of your price range and also not good if you don't plan on winning the game quickly and/or have a way to remove it if it becomes a problem.

Yea, white doesn't really get mana acceleration, as others have already said. Artifacts work quite well though.
The Incubator and Amulet seem pretty good, though I currently own 0. I have one Sol Ring and one Mana Vault but they are decked... Though they would also help in speeding up the mana. Some great suggestions here, thank you.
I have a mono-white with all Angel's as well your best bet is to throw in cheep healing card's/creature's and maybe some fountain's of cho white is about preventing untill you can play high cost cards at least i think so
I run a mono white token/destruction deck I call noahs ark and if you can hit 4 Endless Horizons is amazing just careful. If its removed you can hurt alot. But Lotus Bloom is strong and I like to combo Lotus Blossom with Winter Orb . It can make for some very large very nice drops that are unstoppable. Even on its own can make for some strong plays.

This is one of my favorites for red, white or blue decks.
IMAGE(http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=8876&type=card)
No one is going to suggest Black Lotus or Mox Pearl?

:-)
Gift of estates
Gleam of resistance (land cycling)
Knights of the white orchard
land tax
Path to exile Exiling one of your own creatures as a cost.. though
tithe
Weathered wayfarer

With the exception of path to exile most white has to deal with "balance" oh you control more of them then me, then lets shift that power to favor me more, but yah mono white dosent have alot of mana accel without artifacts.
Endless Horizons is excellent for white. It thins your deck, helps you hit land drops, and doesn't replace your normal draw.
Urza's tower and friends?

Also consider peace of mind or spellshapers combined with breath of life, resurrection, and miraculous recovery.
I am running Flagstones and Mind Stones. But no land sac outlet. Though I do appreciate the continued suggestions here. ;)

Lotus Vale and perhaps Scorched Ruins?
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
In Standard you can do something like this.

Turn 1: Plains, bounce it to play Fieldmist Borderpost.
Turn 2: Plains, Knight of the White Orchid, Springleaf Drum. During opponent's turn, use the drum to Exile the Knight
Turn 3: Plains, Baneslayer Angel

Edit: You don't actually need to Exile the Knight for Turn 2 to get to 5 mana by Turn 3, but if you don't need the removal, it ends up increasing your mana on Turn 4 or 5 depending on whether you tap your T3 creature (vigilance helps, but I don't know if there are any 5 mana vigilant angels off the top of my head). Plus it turns the Knight into a complex sorcery that reads "{w}{w}{w}: If an opponent has more lands than you search your library for two basic Plains cards and put one onto the battlefield tapped and one onto the battlefield untapped. Exile this card." so you don't have to feel guilty about it in your Angel deck.

I don't know how consistently you'd get plays like that, but I could see it being totally worth it. And since you're already ahead of the game, you can ramp into something like Mass Calcify with a bit of help from either more mana artifacts or Endless Horizons.

As a side note, I like Goldenglow Moth in a deck with those cards. You can sac it for a plains after blocking, or you can use it with the drums to keep the Knight free for attacking. (Or use the drums to pay for the Exile ;))
"[Makeshift] Mannequin's nice, but you can kill the creature by dealing it 0 damage with Chandra." Beware Chandra. She made Mannequin bad. I think everyone should read these three articles at least once: Playing to Win 1, 2, and 3.
Well I greatly appreciate all of the wonderful suggestions made last month. It is really unfortunate that I have been absent for a long while, but there are certainly plenty of options for me to explore now. Thank you all!
Sign In to post comments