Forgotten Realms of Cerilia (FRPG)

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok I don't have the book yet but what material might go well with Birthright?

What doesn't?

Basically I'm looking to mine this book for ideas to help convert BR to 4E.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Nietzsche

TSR Worlds

Alternity

Birthright

Spellscarred can probably be altered to be make blooded scions.

Dark Pact is probably closer to being "birthright flavored" then some of the other Warlock Pacts.
Spellscarred can probably be altered to be make blooded scions.

Dark Pact is probably closer to being "birthright flavored" then some of the other Warlock Pacts.

Dark pact might make a good Shadow Realm pact yes? I haven't seen the powers yet but I can certainly envision where I would go with them.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Nietzsche

TSR Worlds

Alternity

Birthright

Anyone with FRPG reading this thread?

If yes what, if any Paragon Paths do you think have potential for transfer to BR?

**Sigh**This thread would be so much easier to maintain if Amazon pull their thumb out!**Sigh**

TSR Worlds

Alternity

Birthright

Still no book

And it seems no BR fans with the book, or willing to share ideas

Oh well, with a bit of look I will return to this thread shortly.

TSR Worlds

Alternity

Birthright

I haven't got the FR book -- I'm not a FR fan. However, from the previews, I'd say the Swordmage would make a good Sidhelien class (taking the place of the AD&D Fighter/Mage).
The Dark Pact focuses on poison, necrotic and psychic effects. It may serve well for cultists of Azrai or servants of the Serpent or other abominations.

GP
I haven't got the FR book -- I'm not a FR fan. However, from the previews, I'd say the Swordmage would make a good Sidhelien class (taking the place of the AD&D Fighter/Mage).
The Dark Pact focuses on poison, necrotic and psychic effects. It may serve well for cultists of Azrai or servants of the Serpent or other abominations.

GP

Not a world of difference from where I pictured it going but thanks to Amazon.....

I was thinking if Dark Pact does focus on the above effects, priests of The Serpent become a much more reasonable proposition. He's a pretty powerful awnshegh, I'm not above saying he's found a way to become a focus for his priest (warlock) to gain power.

Swordmage pretty much screams sidhelien to me, although I do wonder how much of that is an elven bladesinger holdover from FR,

TSR Worlds

Alternity

Birthright

In my own personal game I thought about making the Swordmages a arm of the Khinasi militry as well. Sidhelien is probably a good fit for them too.
In my own personal game I thought about making the Swordmages an arm of the Khinasi military as well. Sidhelien is probably a good fit for them too.

MMM...

They are much more accepting of magic, would work nicely as another historical (retcon of course) source for them.

TSR Worlds

Alternity

Birthright

Test
Yay finally finished reading. RL sucks , took me ages to find the time.

Just what I hoped the spellcarred maps out nicely in regards to Bloodlines. Now I just need to work the mechanics out for each one and then post it for people to help balance.

TSR Worlds

Alternity

Birthright

I have been a Birthright fan since it came out. After reading this thread I agree with most of it. Being Blodded in the original setting was not a class but abilieies that exceptional people posessed as a result of their bloodlines. Scions were from all walks of life and professions (warrior, wizard, rogue, etc...). There should be a system of establishing powers and bloodline strength in character creation similiar to the original setting. These would be additional racial features in 4e. It may seem over powering a PC but in the original scions were typically more powerful than the commoner. Being a Scion had its disadvantages as well. They tend to stand out from others and lets not forget bloodtheft.

I do think it would take the flavor out of the setting if being a Scion was a class instead of powers/abilities as a result of heritage.
Finally finished my blooded multiclass **phew**. Once I tidy it up I'll probably post it and my other conversions for you guys to critique.

Anyone else done anything along these lines?

TSR Worlds

Alternity

Birthright