Rules of dual manifestation

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

Could someone who know please explain to me how it works. When I rest am I able to swap out my manifestations for two other elemental manifestations regardless of whether or not I know them or am I limited to choosing ones that I get from the extra manifestation feat

Genasi have one elemental manifestion to begin with. When you take the Extra Manifestation feat, you choose one elemental manifestation other than your original. You can then switch between the two (and only those two) during any rest. You can only have one manifestation active at any time. You can take the EM feat multiple times, choosing a new manifestation each time, but you only ever have access to your original manifestation and the ones you've chosen through taking the EM feat, and still only ever have one manifestation active at any given time.

If you take the Dual Manifestation feat, which is an Epic feat, you can manifest two of your manifestations at once. (If you have more than two, you can still only have two active at once.)

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Dual manifestation isn't an epic feat it's a paragon path feature. Could someone else please give me an answer

justhom wrote:

Dual manifestation isn't an epic feat it's a paragon path feature. Could someone else please give me an answer

Doesn't matter, because Mad_Jack's answer still applies: just because you can choose two doesn't mean you thereby avoid the restriction to known manifestations.  Whether you can choose two on the basis of a paragon path feature or an epic feat is irrelevant.

justhom wrote:

Actually, it's both - there's an epic feat with the same name as the paragon path feature, and they both do the same thing, aside from the paragon path feature also allowing you to use both encounter powers in the same fight. You don't have any elemental manifestations except those you gain through either your original racial feature or the Extra Manifestation feat. So those are the only ones you can choose from.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

The epic feat is Double Manifestation, not Dual.

Sign In to post comments