Dying and Bloodied and Shaman Question

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Couple of questions that have came up recently in my games:

1. Are you still considered bloodied when dying (below 0)? I don't have the books in front of me, but the entry for bloodied says that you are considered bloodied as long as it equal to or less than your bloodied value.

Here is the situation we had: My cleric had a consecrated ground going, and one of the PCs dropped in the zone to -1 HP. On his turn, if he is bloodied he gains HP. Would he get them or not?

2. This may just be different from my normal way of thinking, so it makes it hard for me to grasp: Do shaman's even need a weapon? None of their attacks use weapons, and I'm assuming that they don't get bonuses to their spirit attacks for weapons (but for implements, I know).

Is there something I'm missing? Do the spirit attacks get anything other than the Wis modifier that it has listed?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Couple of questions that have came up recently in my games:

1. Are you still considered bloodied when dying (below 0)? I don't have the books in front of me, but the entry for bloodied says that you are considered bloodied as long as it equal to or less than your bloodied value.

As long as your HP is at or below your bloodied value, you are bloodied. 0 is definitely below your bloodied value :P

Here is the situation we had: My cleric had a consecrated ground going, and one of the PCs dropped in the zone to -1 HP. On his turn, if he is bloodied he gains HP. Would he get them or not?

Sure would. Bloodied doesn't care if you're dying or not.

This may just be different from my normal way of thinking, so it makes it hard for me to grasp: Do shaman's even need a weapon? None of their attacks use weapons, and I'm assuming that they don't get bonuses to their spirit attacks for weapons (but for implements, I know).

None at all. Shamans are caster classes, and all of their powers have the implement keyword. In order to get proficiency bonus on attack rolls, the power in question needs the weapon keyword, so no bonus there.

Is there something I'm missing? Do the spirit attacks get anything other than the Wis modifier that it has listed?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Page 274 of the PH1 tells you all you get for attack modifiers. Basically, for the shaman, it's Wis mod, implement bonus, 1/2 level, and misc. bonuses.

Remember, implement attacks attack the NADs (Non-AC Defenses), which are, on average, 2-3 points lower than AC. That's what the prof. bonuses on weapons are for, to offset the higher DC for the attack rolls.

TBP