Double sword question

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
The weapon ground for the double sword says "Heavy blade, light blade". I interpret this to mean that it will qualify as either one for the purposes of feats and special abilities; my friend interpreted it to mean that the main blade was a heavy weapon, and the "off-hand" end was light. This is an important distinction for, say, a rogue, where only a light blade would grant combat advantage, and the special abilities of a magical weapon would apply solely to main blade. Could anyone clarify what the entry meant?
I'm not sure if it's in the FAQ, but CS says that means that the Double Sword is both a Heavy Blade and a Light Blade at the same time. And yes, it is considered overpowered (i believe).
The weapon ground for the double sword says "Heavy blade, light blade". I interpret this to mean that it will qualify as either one for the purposes of feats and special abilities; my friend interpreted it to mean that the main blade was a heavy weapon, and the "off-hand" end was light. This is an important distinction for, say, a rogue, where only a light blade would grant combat advantage, and the special abilities of a magical weapon would apply solely to main blade. Could anyone clarify what the entry meant?

It's both a heavy blade and a light blade. PH page 215 says that "If a weapon falls into more than one group, you can use it with powers that require a weapon from any of its groups. For example, the halberd is both an axe and a polearm, so you can use it with powers that give you an additional benefit when you wield an axe or a polearm."

TBP
Sign In to post comments