Natural Weapon Proficiency: Any Point?

91 posts / 0 new
Last post
Topic.
Go to preferences at the top of the page to create a sig. If you have just figured out how to create a sig, like me, copy this into your sig.
Post.
Snarky reply.
Pointless number crunching to later be critiqued.
Critique about pointless number crunching with hypothetical remark about moderator showing up.
Picture of an animal with a humorous caption.

Fairbanks
Fairbanks, level 5 Human, Slayer (Multiclass: Cavalier) Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort Background: Blademaster (Acrobatics class skill) Theme: Neverwinter Noble FINAL ABILITY SCORES STR 18, CON 10, DEX 17, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 13 STARTING ABILITY SCORES STR 16, CON 10, DEX 16, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 12 AC: 20 Fort: 19 Ref: 16 Will: 14 HP: 49/49 Surges: 6/9 Surge Value: 10 [X] Action Point [] Second Wind TRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +10, Athletics +11, Diplomacy +8, Endurance +7, Intimidate +8 UNTRAINED SKILLS Arcana +2, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History +2, Insight +2, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +2, Stealth +5, Streetwise +3, Thievery +5 POWERS Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack Card Link Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack Card Link [] Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort Card Link [X] [X] Multiple Class Attack: Power Strike Card Link [X] Fighter Utility: Duelist's Assault Card Link [] Fighter Utility: Mobile Blade Card Link [] Level 2 Utility: Honorable Challenge Card Link [] Neverwinter Noble Utility: Take Heart, Friend! Card Link Multiple Class Utility: Defender Aura Card Link [] Paladin Attack: Righteous Radiance Card Link FEATS Level 1: Heavy Blade Expertise Level 1: Armor Finesse Level 2:Heavy Armor Agility Level 4: Squire of Righteousness ITEMS Dagger x3 Adventurer's Kit Aecris Black Iron Scale Mail +1 Horned Helm (Heroic Tier) Holy Symbol of Bahamut 1 Opal 73g 145s 50c
Sarcastic Remark
Obligatory "4e has lost the soul of DnD" comment.
Picture of an animal with a humorous caption.

Indignant outrage and failed attempt at witty reply.
Obligatory "4e has lost the soul of DnD" comment.

Obligatory "you can keep playing 3.x" retort.
Comment on 4th isnt 3.x
Non-sequiter remark about how the wizard class has been weakened.
Non-sequiter remark about how the wizard class has been weakened.

Rehashed lecture about character roles.
Complaint about how thread has lost its way.
Go to preferences at the top of the page to create a sig. If you have just figured out how to create a sig, like me, copy this into your sig.
Smarmy remark about the thread never having a way.
Complaint about how thread has lost its way.

Reference to original topic segued into obligatory 4E=WOW rant.
Completely off topic explanation of non-relevant problem.
Failed attempt to return to the topic of the thread.
Dragonboobs
So can I get an actual answer?
Can we get an actual question?
So can I get an actual answer?

Can we get an actual question?

What is 9 x 5 in base 13?
Cut and paste e-mail from WotC representative about question(s) partially related topic that serves to create approximately 3 times as many questions as it answered.
To ruin a perfectly good thread, I'll post the answer:

Maybe.

Being Naturally proficient with a weapon is a quite common thing for an Adventurer. Having to risk their life at the whims of "The Players," they look for every advantage they can muster. If this includes murdering of poor innocent creatures, so be it.

If you are a monster race that uses claws instead of weapons, being proficient with your own body gives you a bonus that will let you be as good with your claws as you are with a weapon.
though the thing is Natural weapons and unarmed attacks give you a n/a for proficeny bonus
True, but we don't have any monster races with natural weapons yet.
So you can be a kung-fu action ninja without any feat at all.
Anyone knows how to fight with their body. just not well.
Soon to be double post later edited
Before mentioned double post
Best. Thread. Ever.
Trolling counterpost declaring the worst thread evar.
Humorous post designed to get the thread back on track.

Alternately, humorous post designed to take the thread further off-track.
Humorous post designed to get the thread back on track.

Alternately, humorous post designed to take the thread further off-track.

Random PH and DMG page citation to assist getting thread back on track.
Random PH and DMG page citation to assist getting thread back on track.

Further citation to show that the above was taken completely out of context.
The natural attacks listed for the MM races do seem to give a scaling proficiency bonus - look at the minotaur's charge attack, for example.
Further citation to show that the above was taken completely out of context.

Counter-citation and a witty comment involving your screenname.
Counter-citation and a witty comment involving your screenname.

Further citation to aid your citation, only to spite the counter-citation from the orc
The natural attacks listed for the MM races do seem to give a scaling proficiency bonus - look at the minotaur's charge attack, for example.

For those without a DMG, there is a table for making monsters. It abstracts things like prof bonuses and feat bonuses, so a certain level monster has a base of +X, no need to worry about the specifics of how they got it, just that they have it.

TBP
Post about how pg 42 is teh sux0rz for scaling with level.
If I was a moderator, I'd be putting this thread in a shrine to be preserved for all time. Thanks for the laugh from page one guys; I really needed one.

*still lol'ing irl*