Expeditious Retreat

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I just bought kots and I read the expeditious retreat spell and something struck me as way awesome. It states that you get to shift up to twice your full speed. Shift!! that means no attack of opportunity! Wow, talk about the real getaway. I like that they actually gave ex retreat teeth.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I think it makes the 4e version more powerful than the 3.X version. Of course, there are creatures that have the equivalent of the fighter's combat challenge in that they can make an opportunity attack against creatures that shift near them. So, that wizard could get a nasty surprise!
Yeah, I noticed that too. I think it makes the 4e version more powerful than the 3.X version. Of course, there are creatures that have the equivalent of the fighter's combat challenge in that they can make an opportunity attack against creatures that shift near them. So, that wizard could get a nasty surprise!

But only if the wizard is marked

TBP
But only if the wizard is marked

TBP

Thanks for the info.

Crappy, poorly written, poorly edited quick rules.
well the wizard should be smart enough not to engage the fighter types. ...
well the wizard should be smart enough not to engage the fighter types. ...

But sometimes you can't help it such as when the wizard moves to away from the party to target some human rabble, and moves right beside the invisible gnome skulk.
But you have to remember that is is a fighter power not a ability of being marked. In the quick start of KotS there are some monsters that can mark you, all it does is give them a +2 to hit there target, not AoO. Also It says you can only make one interrupt action per turn. So even if you run past the fighter he can only get one free attack.
I got some things to say:

Rogue
Wizard Training
Adept Feat (or whichever gives you utility trade)
Expeditious Retreat (thru melee/minion monsters, towards combat)
BBEG Stabbity Time

:D