Small alignement question

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Good and Evil still exist... But what of Order/Lawfull and Chaos? Will we see that axis too?
It does not seem so. We may just be reduced to Good, Unaligned, and Evil as our alignments.
Kind of simple.... one of the very few traditions I'd keep (but I am not against the Unaligned neutral thing).

Chaos and Order are very classical, and shown well in Elric's books... oh well, maybe they will. Hopefully.
Kind of simple.... one of the very few traditions I'd keep (but I am not against the Unaligned neutral thing).

Chaos and Order are very classical, and shown well in Elric's books... oh well, maybe they will. Hopefully.

Good and evil are importent to determine who is on which side, chaos and law not so much.
You may kill a person for being evil but not usually for there chaotic or lawfull nature.
Good and evil are importent to determine who is on which side, chaos and law not so much.
You may kill a person for being evil but not usually for there chaotic or lawfull nature.

Depends on the campaign. My present campaign is more about order against chaos than good vs evil. It is true that in most campaigns the conflict along the good/evil axis is the more important one and it has been in past campaigns. It has been interesting watching the characters deal with those that normally might be enemies as allies against an ever greater danger to all.

But only if you don't understand what alignment means. :D

Killing someone for being evil is like killing everyone you think is a jerk.
Lands of the Barbarian Kings Campaign Setting - http://barbaripedia.eu

Only thing is .... I almost every game I have played in Law/order = good and Chaos = evil.

We are trying to get the younger crowd to play and hate to say it but Elric is a bit dated. You also forget all those other works that used the same idea that mostly stank. Same of which had a D&D logo on the cover.
Ehheheh, oh, I am not against 4th edition, far from it.

I just happens to like the fact that Good and Evil are not all there is, and Order and Chaos are as much primordial.

"Jerk" is putting it lightly.

On the Law-Chaos issue, I'd rather keep that axis instead of Good-Evil one, assuming I had to choose. The Good vs. Evil struggle is getting kind of gh3y, whereas Law vs. Chaos remains fresh, despite being old as hell.

Huh...In 3.5 being a jerk is not enough to make you evil. I sure hope that carries over to 4th.
Think you can survive a zombie attack? Click here to find out.

It Came From Section Four!
Warning: Posts my contain evil.

Orc in the House of Trolls