My list of SECR Translations to 4e

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For starters, this serves as a building point, both for people to share their "wants" as well as discuss the merits of others' "wants."

That said:

RACE

CLASS

• Class Talent Trees

• No Penalty for Multi-classing

• Single Attacks through Class Progression. Let feats take over for multiple attacks

SKILLS

• No Synergies

• Trained and Untrained Uses for each Skill

• I am indifferent to Skill Training like SECR as opposed to Rank purchased like 3.5e

FEATS

MAGIC

MAGIC ITEMS

PRESTIGE CLASSES
I like your list, but what does SECR stand for?
Presumable he's speaking of Star Wars Saga Edition, but that's abbreviated SWSE.
Presumable he's speaking of Star Wars Saga Edition, but that's abbreviated SWSE.

Sorry - I got used to the acronym and figured more people would be accustomed to it. SECR = Saga Edition Core Rulebook, i.e. SWSE. (I think WotC is officially calling it SECR. So I am, too.)
Saga Edition Core Rulebook.

Its the core rulebook for SWSE. Singe SotG and FU are coming out soon (-ish for FU, since the game has been delayed) we over in the SWSE boards are using the abbreviation SECR to refer specifically to the core book.
Thanks for the correction in my use of acronyms.
Ahh, okay.
I totally agree with the OP here.
My only addition concerns multiclassing. When taking your first level of a new class you should also gain one 'trained' skill from that classes list or the stock -one of the starting feats.