Chris Tulach's "mystery character"

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
It really should be in Races or in Classes, but I don't really know what is it so it goes here.
In his blog Chris Tulach said:

Chris Tulach wrote:
My lunch group is all Organized Play, and consists of: Ian Richards (playing a dwarf cleric), Witney Williams (eladrin rogue), Reid Schmadeka (the "mystery character"), John Grant (elf ranger), Cody Judkins-Murphey (human fighter), and Ron Foster (tiefling wizard).

So who's the mystery character? Any thoghts? I thinks it is some class, but what...
Probably a race and class we already know about. Though it would be amusing if either of those would make people say "WTF?!". I'd be amused, at least.
I'd guess Barbarian. Not a core class, but a talent tree off fighter or ranger. They just don't want to say so yet.

The only other thing I can imagine is the Druid, which I don't think has been confirmed yet but seems likely.
The only other thing I can imagine is the Druid, which I don't think has been confirmed yet but seems likely.

I hope it is. I can live without monks and barbarians, but in world where we have Feywild I certainly want to have druids.
My guess is warlord.
My guess is warlord.

And where is the mystery? There are Warlord PCs in the Playtest reports. ;)

I also hope for the druid, but perhaps the characters backround is just a mystery to the other players and Mr Tulach didn't want to spoiler them?
He plays an Ewok Jester.
I hope it is. I can live without monks and barbarians, but in world where we have Feywild I certainly want to have druids.

I can't... Barbarians and monks have been entrenched into my campaign setting and if they are removed from core I will be pretty sore about it, hehe.
After much exercise of my clairvoyant powers, I can reveal that Chris Tulach was playing a Bariaur Factotum.
My guess is this "mystery" character is only a mystery in the scope of the game storyline.

Fighter, Cleric, Rogue and Wizard.

Confirmed.

Warlock.

Confirmed.

With as many Warlords as we've seen in playtest reports, and recent comments about the Ranger, I'd see them both as VERY LIKELY.

That only leaves the Paladin. While I haven't seen much on them recently, earlier they seemed to be everywhere... and they need another Defender (Ranger's already been mentioned as a Striker) so I don't see the Pally being tossed.

That's 8. So unless that number's a rouse, I don't see any "surprises" on the class front.

Race? Well that could be it, but why not mention the class then?
Stay Frosty! - Shado
That only leaves the Paladin. While I haven't seen much on them recently, earlier they seemed to be everywhere... and they need another Defender (Ranger's already been mentioned as a Striker) so I don't see the Pally being tossed.

One of the playtest characters is a warforged Paladin. Since they needed convert the Psion to a Wizard, i bet that means there *Are* rules for paladins (so they didnt need to convert to fighter-cleric or whatever)
Just as a cautionary note, they've already said that they have rules for some classes that they won't be releasing yet. Having rules for them to play a class doesn't mean that it is PHBI material. That said, I'm fairly confident that Paladin will make the cut.
Sign In to post comments