3E TO 4E Conversion?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Will any of the 3.5 books be usefull in 4E?

What about the guide books that I own, will they still be usefull, or should I sell them?

I heard that none of the Prestige classes from 3.5 are going to carry over to 4E, is that true?

Are the books that I spent hundreds of dollars on, out dated now?

Should I start my collection all over with 4E books?

Thanks.
Will any of the 3.5 books be usefull in 4E?

Yes, as source material for ideas but not mechanics per se. WOTC has already said a conversion guide is nigh impossible and don't expect to see one.

What about the guide books that I own, will they still be usefull, or should I sell them?

That is up to you and your gaming group. Personally, I plan to keep mine until I see what happens with 4E. Either way the 3E and 3.5E books are full of an incredible amount of source material (outside of crunchy mechanics). That makes them still useful imho.

I heard that none of the Prestige classes from 3.5 are going to carry over to 4E, is that true?

We don't know enough about that yet. I have read hints about Paragon paths which suggest those might replace Prestige Classes or perhaps they are just another option. Once we know the new system I am sure it wouldn't be too hard to take a Prestige Class you like and make something with it in 4E.

Are the books that I spent hundreds of dollars on, out dated now?

Yes and no. Yes, they will not be compatible with 4E without some major retooling. Nothing will port over automatically. No, because no one is forcing you to play 4E AND/OR there is still a lot of great fluff in the 3/3.5 books.

Should I start my collection all over with 4E books?

If you decide you want to play 4E then I would suggest it, yes. Just stay with the Player's Guide or the Core 3 until you know if you like it or not. Then go from there.

Thanks.

You're welcome.