Races and Classes, Monsters and Worlds preview books

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I see these are due out on Dec and Jan respectively. Anyone have an idea what we should expect in these? I am wondering because I am going to be planning a campaign to start when 4e kicks off and I am wondering if these will be of any value in planning that. So far I am working on all sorts of stuff that requires fluff only without any real idea of the specific mechanics.
Its just to make some quick bucks; just like the Keep on Shadwofell adventure. I mean come on, $24.00 each for items that should be available as free downloads from a company's website.
Oh, I'm sorry. Did you mistake my question for an open license to show off? Well, it wasn't. Please go elsewhere.
Oh, I'm sorry. Did you mistake my question for an open license to show off? Well, it wasn't. Please go elsewhere.

So much for civility.
While I agree that the respondent did not answer your question, the opinion stated was at least poignant to the topic.

As for my answer to the question, I am at a loss for what can be included in a sneak preview that I can't just be content to wait for the release. I certainly can't see myself paying twice for the same information.
No, in fact the respondent's answer was snarky, off topic and not really related to the question asked. I wasn't looking for someone's opinion of WotC or their or anyone else's business practices. The right to Free Speech is not an obligation to speak your mind.
I would expect to see alot of the same thing we get in the Design & Development articles only more complete. We'll get the fluff on all the races and classes showcasing the changes between 3.x and 4.0 but very little crunch. There may be examples of starting 'kits' and some multiclassed characters. I hope that they really give us a good overview of these.
Same with monsters and worlds, a lot of "these are the changes and here's why." Fluff, true, but enough to keep our appetites whetted.

Bel
Originally Posted by WotC_RichBaker In related news, I'm afraid I'm going to have to confiscate your 3.5 rulebooks, and force you to convert to the new edition. Where do you live?
Thanks for the reply. It's kind of what I expect as well. And the only reason I was looking for input is because our LGS shrinkwraps all the books so you cant stand and browse thru to get a preview before buying. Otherwise I would just wait and do that.
That is just so... wrong!
Bel
Originally Posted by WotC_RichBaker In related news, I'm afraid I'm going to have to confiscate your 3.5 rulebooks, and force you to convert to the new edition. Where do you live?
You're telling me. They do it with every RPG book in the store. Just one more reason I prefer not to buy there, but I do prefer to support the LGS when possible, so I buy things like minis and other whatnot there, just not books. Unless I already know whats in it.
That is just so... wrong!
Bel

I think someone needs to learn the definition of Freedom of Speech. Original Poster does not mean he's the thread owner...
Yes, I am a defender apologist. A Rock and a Hard Place: A Warden Handbook
I think he might have been responding to the fact that my LGS shrink wraps their RPG books and therefore I cannot skim thru before making a purchasing decision. Or at least I hope so.