Plane Sailing: Mix'n'Match

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Piping hot from the Baker's oven , here's the assurance that you can still construct your outer planar setup to taste.

Each world has its own set of astral dominions. You can make up as many celestial courts or reeking hells as you need to support your pantheon. So, for example, just about all of the godly planes listed in Forgotten Realms "Great Tree" cosmology can fit right in, no shoehorning necessary. Customize your own pantheons, and you can create each outer plane you need.

So you can put your planes in a wheel if it comforts you at night. Wizards of the Coast won't mind, I won't mind, and I'm sure your players won't mind. Whereas those of us who want to get funky with our outer planar distribution are equally free to do so.

So they haven't destroyed the old Outer Planar setup. They've just given us the building blocks to reconstruct it if we wish, and to build something else if we prefer.
Piping hot from the Baker's oven , here's the assurance that you can still construct your outer planar setup to taste.

So you can put your planes in a wheel if it comforts you at night. Wizards of the Coast won't mind, I won't mind, and I'm sure your players won't mind. Whereas those of us who want to get funky with our outer planar distribution are equally free to do so.

So they haven't destroyed the old Outer Planar setup. They've just given us the building blocks to reconstruct it if we wish, and to build something else if we prefer.

No, no. If they change the planar set up then its NOT D&D!!!!!!!

And we'll all burn in gamers hell (where we are forced to play rifts...and the only snacks available are celery sticks...and the pizza ALWAYS has anchovies on it) for playing it...or something like that.

Actually, I like the planar setup. The planes have always mostly been a 'background element' in my games, i.e. that's where demons and elementals come from but my players almost never leave the Prime Material. Some of the stuff in the cosmology article made we want to do some plane hopping with my players.
I had changed my planar set up long ago for my campaign world. I had the Astral linking to the upper planes (the ones I wanted at least), while the plane of shadow was a conduit to the lower planes.

The etheral linked to the inner plane only (the elemental), and the deep ethereal surrounded it all.