SWSE & 4.0 compatibility

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know whether or not Star Wars Sage Edition is compatible with 4.0 or are they going to re-release a new star wars edition to work with the new edition of D&D (monster manuals, & the like)?

I really like the star wars universe and enjoy throwing the occassional monster (and rationalizing it as a mutant or new species) at my players to keep them on their toes.
Why should it matter? It's a different game...

edit: I mean, no there is no reason to update SWSE for years from now, no matter how close/far from D%D 4.0.
All I know is that Saga had a major impact on 4th edition's design, along with ToB.
Yes, as a test bed for certain concepts and what not, which is fine. I don't think we are going to see a new version of SAGA though any time soon. Heck, SAGA just came out and we haven't even gotten the first supplement book for it yet.

If anything SAGA Edition is the version of Star Wars that fits with 4E even though SAGA came first.
Can anyone with WotC confirm compatibility?

Though where would I find the release schedule for Star Wars Saga's Edition? That might be the most telling, if they have no plans to release anything or they had another version slated for release.
We'll find out when we'll find out. 4th edition is still several months away If you're wondering on whether you should buy Saga products or not, they may not be in the works for awhile, and if they are then I wouldn't buy them.
It's almost certain it's compatible. It's already compatible, from what I've read, although it takes a lot of work. Also, Saga is broken. But I'm used to it, most Star Wars games are - glowy laser swords are just too cool for its own good.
Though where would I find the release schedule for Star Wars Saga's Edition? That might be the most telling, if they have no plans to release anything or they had another version slated for release.

Starships of the Galaxy comes out in December and The Force Unleashed campaign book hits in the spring. May, I believe. Nothing has been announced after that but Rodney Thompson says they have a goal of 4-5 SW books a year.

More here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCYZ9dFjS6o
And as that edition is at the beginning of its life cycle, to make a new edition would be suicide for the game line.
Does anyone know whether or not Star Wars Sage Edition is compatible with 4.0 or are they going to re-release a new star wars edition to work with the new edition of D&D (monster manuals, & the like)?

They're separate games, so not likely. I mean, D20 Modern didn't get a 3.5 update after it came out.
I hope that they follow a lot of Saga's mechanics, though the Monsters aren't one of them. They are essentially non-heroic, so have really weak defenses (something that shouldn't occur in 4e).

In the general sense, I believe 4e and Saga will be about as compatible as RCR and 3.x were (or less).
Sign In to post comments